.45 Apex 100 yds.

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

.45er

Reaction score
I took my .45 Apex to the club range

LN5b73p.jpg

the other day to sight-in this one in for deer season. First shot out of the gun cabinet.

100 yards

Barnes Expander MZ 195 grain

Smooth Blue Sabot

Federal 209A Primer

100 grains volume BH209

When it comes to hunting I’m a black sheep as I don’t foul my barrel. I cleaned the barrel and it’s now ready for the woods.

YlDpwPL.jpg

3rnEDp3.jpg

Good shooting and a beautiful gun.
Always liked the apex.Should be no problem taking a deer when he steps out.
This Apex shoots well most anything I shove down the barrel. 300 grainers down to 150 grainers.

I took my .45 Apex to the club range

LN5b73p.jpg

the other day to sight-in this one in for deer season. First shot out of the gun cabinet.

100 yards

Barnes Expander MZ 195 grain

Smooth Blue Sabot

Federal 209A Primer

100 grains volume BH209

When it comes to hunting I’m a black sheep as I don’t foul my barrel. I cleaned the barrel and it’s now ready for the woods.

YlDpwPL.jpg

3rnEDp3.jpg
Clean barrel on my gun throws about 1 1/2" to the right and 1 inch high. Certainly a dead deer. But now I don't clean the barrel after it is fouled. Blackhorn shoots a little better for me on a fouled barrel.

Good shooting and I like what you did to the Apex stock. I have two Apexes one a 4570 and the other 35 welen. I have three muzzleloader barrels between the two and all barrels are accurate.

Clean barrel on my gun throws about 1 1/2" to the right and 1 inch high. Certainly a dead deer. But now I don't clean the barrel after it is fouled. Blackhorn shoots a little better for me on a fouled barrel.
Yep...my Apex shoots really nice groupings fouled. Most of my hunting shots would be under 75 so good enough an inch or so off at 100 yds.

Absolutely love my Apex!! It’s my second one. Sold my 50 & bought a new 45 & a 358 barrel & forearm. I think discontinuing them was a BIG mistake for CVA

I’d like to pick up 243 & 7-08 barrels for it

Greg

Absolutely love my Apex!! It’s my second one. Sold my 50 & bought a new 45 & a 358 barrel & forearm. I think discontinuing them was a BIG mistake for CVA

I should have bought a few centerfire barrels when they were first introduced. :wall:

I can make it worse. I had those barrels & sold them!!!!

Greg

Greg
I still Kick Myself for Not Listening to Carlos & Ordering one of the Last he had Available 😞

Carlos retired & is enjoying life…..especially his grandkids. We still talk every day.
He’s a great man.

Greg

Latest posts

Back