.54 Knight Black Knight rate of twist

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
What is the twist rate on the .54 Black Knights... also has anyone shot the 350 gr. .500 S&W XTP out of their .54, if so what sabot/powder combo did you use.. Also what is the heaviest conical that is made for the .54, wanting to make heavy bullet deer thumper out of it.
I know about Bullshop and No Excuse but you have to order a minimum order correct... wanting to try just a few to see how they shoot before ordering a bunch. Is there a 500-600 gr. .50 cal bullet that can be shot in a sabot out of the .54? Thanks and sorry for all the questions but this is the 1st .54 Ive owned,only shot one once before and that was 25 yrs ago. If someone has alot of experience with the .54 Knight could you please list your heavy bullet/sabot powder loads.

Rate of twist should be 1 in 28 inches. Its easy to check yourself with a tight patch. I have shot both the 535 grain no excuses and a maxiball with good success. The maxiballs are lighter at about 416 grains.

flounder said:
Rate of twist should be 1 in 28 inches. Its easy to check yourself with a tight patch. I have shot both the 535 grain no excuses and a maxiball with good success. The maxiballs are lighter at about 416 grains.

What gun were you shooting them out of, powder type, charge etc?

Not a Black Knight but an MK 85 which is very similar. 70 to 80 grains of Goex 2f seems to be about the best although I haven't experimented with black powder subs.

Latest posts

Back