600 grain No Excuses bullet

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ordered these 600 grain (50 cal) No excuses bullets on friday,, got them today!!! Great service!! gonna try them out in my Renegade Flintlock. if they shoot good, I'll take it hunting in Nov.! (The 600 grain bullet is flanked by 495 grain bullets for comparison)
View attachment 37722View attachment 37722
Wellll if yer goin Bison hunting or moose or Griz. You got what it takes to drop them. Enjoy that recoil too

I have a no excuses 50 caliber sizing set to try out when I get some more free time. That 600gr bullet looks like a beast!

Would be very interested in your range report.

I got some 515g cast bullets for my .50 sidelock that I haven't shot yet. They ought to have a nice thump to them too.
That will be the heaviest bullets I've ever shot.
recoil with these rifles is not near what i expected.. not really close to my big centerfire rifles.. heavy load in my 45 with 540's is nothing like a 12 gauge magnum load.. The 600 will probably be quite a boost.. i got em to see how they group in the fast twist barrel really, i'll know tomorrow..

recoil with these rifles is not near what i expected.. not really close to my big centerfire rifles.. heavy load in my 45 with 540's is nothing like a 12 gauge magnum load.. The 600 will probably be quite a boost.. i got em to see how they group in the fast twist barrel really, i'll know tomorrow..
That’s really cool & very interesting. I would like to hear four range report as well. I hope everything goes right with them.
Here’s the .503 465g that I really will be my “ go-to “ bullet. This 515g does look nice though doesn’t it. I’ll post when I get around to shooting them. I have some more really nice cast in 330gHP & 350g I’m looking forward to seeing what this 1:24 twist likes. And I have some 420g NE’s too. So, testing will be fun & a great learning experience for me.

Attachments

• IMG_0537.jpeg
    IMG_0537.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0540.jpeg
    IMG_0540.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
I have a no excuses 50 caliber sizing set to try out when I get some more free time. That 600gr bullet looks like a beast!

Cool! You should have all your bases covered with the sizing set. I found mine to be .503 with cast loads great. I have .40 & .45 adj sizing dies, I’ll have one in .50 too eventually

That’s really cool & very interesting. I would like to hear four range report as well. I hope everything goes right with them.
Here’s the .503 465g that I really will be my “ go-to “ bullet. This 515g does look nice though doesn’t it. I’ll post when I get around to shooting them. I have some more really nice cast in 330gHP & 350g I’m looking forward to seeing what this 1:24 twist likes. And I have some 420g NE’s too. So, testing will be fun & a great learning experience for me.
This rifle loves the 495gr no excuses bullet,, as a matter of fact it out groups my 45 cal fast twist barreled rifles so far... its a 24 twist green mtn 24 twist (LRH). i'll post something tomorrow evening.

The 495's shoot great in both my 50 cal barrels. the .500's size do very well & load very easy.. (hawken caplock (factory 48 twist) , renegade flintlock 24 twist LRH) What rifle are you shooting?

The 495's shoot great in both my 50 cal barrels. the .500's size do very well & load very easy.. (hawken caplock (factory 48 twist) , renegade flintlock 24 twist LRH) What rifle are you shooting?
I’m going to work on getting a larger grain load together for my 1-48 twist T/C Greyhawk. I also have some Hornady Great Plains Bullets but am hoping that I get good results with the No Excuses. It supports a veteran owned business and I will have a better choice of different grain bullets to choose from.

Once done I will be duplicating the process with a Lyman Trade Rifle.

Will be working both rifle loads up with FFF Swiss and RWS 1075 plus percussion caps.

Last edited:
i'm shooting 2f swiss,, but got great grouping with 3f schuetzen too i'm shooting rws 1075's too... (i've not chrono'd but seen much testing that that swiss is quite a bit faster & i finally have some!) Have fun

Ordered these 600 grain (50 cal) No excuses bullets on friday,, got them today!!! Great service!! gonna try them out in my Renegade Flintlock. if they shoot good, I'll take it hunting in Nov.! (The 600 grain bullet is flanked by 495 grain bullets for comparison)
View attachment 37722View attachment 37722
I had LBT make a mold for these before no excuses was making them great slug for a white shallow fast groove barrel I even had a .540/750 mold made talk about a big hunk of lead !

Back