A bit snowy today

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

exMember

Reaction score
Getting my .58cal ready to go sight in to make sure I have a couple back ups.

Last night however I was playing with the forum images and after some experimental back grounds, I decided to add a little snow to the mountain in the banner. I think it helps high light it a bit better.  I first tried the tips and left the rest transparent but then tried more white on the entire mountain range and I feel that looks better.

Look ok to you guys?

Oh yeah and the beaver trap my his foot. I might redo that part though and make it a darker black to blend in with the other black text and picture.

Can't leave it alone, can you? The mountain looks good. The beaver trap looks like a hat at 1st glance.

Trap could use some detail or darkening.  White mountains look good to me. :)

Yes, but 75% of the time the whole mountain isn't covered with snow here.

Taken from my area.

large-colorado-mountain.jpg

IMO the all white mountain is a good background to show off the trapper more clearly.

Maybe, but he wouldn't be trapping in the dead of winter when the mountains were solid snow.   :pirat:

why not? the indians did by breaking through the ice and hanging snares.

I think most of them kicked back in the middle of winter. Lived with the Indians, or went to a fort. Some might have had a cabin they relaxed in.

Pete, the logo up there now is the one I mentioned with the tips mainly snowed in.

Maybe the Indians were old and were snowbirds went to Floriduh for the winter to trap big lizards and some pythons.

Latest posts

Back