Another Ninering & A/C turkey hunt this morn

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
We have 15 days left in the fall season, we are both goin after our second bird of the season this morn.
Lately there have been some big mature longbeards on the property. A few real trophy birds.
Yesterday afternoon, I did a bunch of overdue tree trimming & used all of the branches to build is another brush blind around a huge tree that we can sit side by side in. I got my 4 Flambau Decoys relocated & set up.
It’s suppose to be a little windy & rain starting around noonish.
Here’s pics of the brush blind I made behind my 200ys target, where A/C scored his first bird from. I’ll post pics of the new blind later. It was dark when I got done last night, so no pics.

Attachments

• IMG_0620.jpeg
    IMG_0620.jpeg
    5.4 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0619.jpeg
    IMG_0619.jpeg
    5.2 MB · Views: 1
Here’s the brush blind I made yesterday eve. It was dark when I got done the blind & relocating my decoys
I have a mock scrape & a day dripper filled with fresh doe estrus 50yds in front of pic 1. But it it also Dead Downwind of us. Pretty cool set-up, for being in the backyard

Attachments

• IMG_0683.jpeg
    IMG_0683.jpeg
    6.2 MB · Views: 1
  • IMG_0684.jpeg
    IMG_0684.jpeg
    3.3 MB · Views: 1
  • IMG_0685.jpeg
    IMG_0685.jpeg
    3.9 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0686.jpeg
    IMG_0686.jpeg
    7.9 MB · Views: 0
With easy chairs and that blind how can you not hit pay dirt? Some might think it is close to taking advantage of a dumb bird.:)

Well, the concierge service in-stand was lacking but the hospitality tent made up for it later....

Unfortunately a really big storm front was moving in. Everything was quiet, no real animal activity of any kind. Even the neighbor's chickens which we normally hear were silent.

But it was still a morning out in the woods so I'm not complaining too much....

Looks like the whole east coast will be impacted from this storm.
It started raining here about 1pm yesterday. It’s light rain now, but at least 20mph winds.
No hunting today.
Looks like we have some cold & decent hunting weather coming this coming wk. 3 mornings down in the 30’s & daytime highs of 50’s. So I’ll drag my butt out to my stand for a few days.

sucks yall couldnt bag anything, good luck when you go back out fellas. yes some rain here now in NC kind of settled in for today and tonight I believe, tomorrow will be windy
I work at a college. While underpaid compared to private sector for what I do (java development and linux admin) the two weeks off paid for winter break helps make up for it

I need to check the new Spring break schedule - it might line up with gobbler season now ....

Back