Anyone ever hunted at Bostic Plantation?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rondal

Reaction score
I would like to know if anyone has ever hunted at Bostics Plantation in South Carolina. They have some fairly good prices on hog/whitetail combo hunts. It is supposed to be fair chase, no fences. Also is there any other place you would recomend within 800 mi. from Michigan.

I'm not familiar with this particular plantation; where in South Carolina is it located? I hunted near Hampton for years (Ehrhardt), and I loved it. Great part of the country.

I'll be honest. I have heard some bad things about Bostick Plantation from other sites. I get the impression that it has been shot out.

I see their ads in various magazines which normally is a sign of one to avoid.

Thanks guys, looks like I had better do more investigating before I commit to there.

rondal said:
Also is there any other place you would recomend within 800 mi. from Michigan.

Loshbough! How far are you from South Bend, IN?

Blue-Dot-37.5

I don't know exactly how far I am from South Bend, I am about 100 miles north of MI/OH state line. I think that puts me about 700 + miles from Crossville. I have been reading about the group hunt at Loshbush. Sounds like a good place. I am having some trouble with my knee right now and am unsure if I could keep up with dogs. How is the hunting there if you don't follow the dogs? I hope I can get the knee problem cleared up at docs this week. If you guys plan another trip to Loshbough I would be very interested in going. Do you know about how many acres Loshbough has? Any trips planed in the near future?

Thanks for the link, Big 6X6. Looks like it's not a very good place. You just saved me some money and time.

I'm pretty sure that Loshbough has roughly 1 sq. mile that is fenced for the hogs, and much a larger area that holds the rams, bison, etc.

Dave and I either still hunted or hunted from a stand. You don't have to chase the dogs!

Approx. 500 miles from South Bend.

Go here: http://maps.msn.com/(jb1mv1aqi44dsp55naplsvzu)/DirectionsFind.aspx?&redirect=false

Use zip 38572 for a destination, plug in your zip for a starting point.

We aren't planning on going back 'till 2007.

Blue-Dot-37.5

Back