Are Blackpowder and Pyrodex Obsolete?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Are Blackpowder and Pyrodex Obsolete?

• Yes.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No.

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters
Not for me. I've been getting GREAT groups using 3F Swiss. Cleanup's not much worse than with 777. Stuff burns alot hotter than typical Goex. I've been switching back and forth between 777 and Swiss, and I like them both.

Inline for me it will be obsolete. I just am too old to clean the stuff however I do like the smell. Kinda like the old well.
Redclub

Until Savage rules the world... NO! 777 has about only 1/2 the market in my neck of the woods... at least what I have seen.

I actually LIKE pyro pellets... 8) But I prefer smokeless!

I actually LIKE pyro pellets

Yeah...Pyrodex pellets do have their place. Usually more accurate than Triple Se7en pellets.

As for loose powder...I know of NO advantage to using Pyrodex over Triple Se7en. And that SMELL....YUCK!

I think they are closer to being obsolete post 777 vs pre 777. I have been very pleased with 777 in my bp inlines.

I think real black still has a place in traditional guns. For a flintlock, there's nothin' like the real thing!
I've never been a fan of Pyrodex, but if you like it, use it.

As soon as smokeless powder was invented, black powder became obsolete. However it is still used today, as are horses, antique tools, etc.

Latest posts

Back