Arrow Rest??

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Loggy

Reaction score
Anyone try one of the Carolina Archery Whisker Biscuit Arrow Rests?? Curious what you think of them.

I have an ole TM Hunter with the shrink tube over metal. These look like an innovative product.

p004614sq04a.jpg

Loggy,
I have used one in years past. Good no nonsence rest, but have since gone to the drop-aways. I thought they were good, but I didn't like refletching due to whisker biscuit wear. Go with a good drop-away. There are many on the market. Good luck

I've bought two of the deluxe side load versions of what you posted, and these rests do okay, but so far none has shot nearly as well as my BoDoodle Pro-lite. I am also going to try a couple of other rests including http://store.yahoo.com/archery-experts/na36re.html and http://store.yahoo.com/archery-experts/apamire.html and http://store.yahoo.com/archery-experts/apsa.html. I'm looking for a very light, full capture rest, and I hope one of these will do the job. I'm getting that new bow in this next week, so I hope to put a few of these to the test.

I've used them and had the same refletching problems as spitpatch. I ended up cutting most of the whiskers out. Looking closely at your fletch, you can trim it out so the arrow is still held in place and clear the fletching when shooting. Worked well that way but there is surely something easier.

laker said:
Trophy taker drop away is the only way to go.

I couldn't agree with you more, Laker. I'd say Trophy Taker or Drop Zone. Both attach directly to the pulley cables unlike some that attach to the cable slide. Attaching to the cable gives you a hair faster drop away is less prone to drag. :)

laker said:
Trophy taker drop away is the only way to go.
Care to expound on that a bit? There are a ton of rests that right in there with that one as far as function. Look alikes I guess you might call them.

I have the Trophy Taker,Shakey hunter model it is very easy to set up and made of quality material.The set screws for the adjustments are bigger than most rest. I have shot at least 2000 arrows through it since setting it up and it has never moved. I shoot 3-D and indoor in the winter and the Trophy Taker drop away has never failed me.I highly recomend this rest. As for the Wisker Biscut I now a few guys that only shoot a month or so before season and they like that rest.I have never tried one worried about fletching touching and stipping away.

Do you ever see competion shooters using them? No, not to my knowledge.

Spitpatch said:
Do you ever see competion shooters using them? No, not to my knowledge.

Spit, which one are your refrring to.....the Trophy Taker?

Loggy they're a neat looking rest. I looked at them once but was told by an experienced shooter to stay away. They're hard on fletching and you lose some velocity with them.

The trophy taker is as bullet proof of a rest that there is. I have never had to touch it since I set it up. There are alot of tournement shooters that use them. I will only buy gear that I know for fact that will never let me down, and this rest never has, and the way it is built I know for fact it never will. Joel

Back