Back in Ninerings kitchen

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you Decay
Here’s supper tonight, courtesy of Decay. It’s fresh caught Speckled Trout dipping in egg wash, Zatarans seasoned flour & fried chicken mix & Panko bread crumbs.
Tater tots to accompany.
Washed down by one of my fav German beers, boy oh boy, talk about a happy redneck right now.
Looks Very Tasty Tom . Especially the second picture with the tall green bottle ! :dance2:

I hope you guys have the time of your lives, killing those long beards, stuffing your faces, and drinking your favorite beverages. Thats what i call living the good life, and making memories for ever… wish i was there to give you guys some guidance… lol
Thanks brother, that really is makin memories & lovin the good life. I wish you were with us too bro.

I got a cpl lbs of wild hog breakfast sausage, so I made a Frittata for lunch today.
Nuthin fancy, just shredded taters, half a diced jalapeño pepper, half a sweet onion, cheddar/jack cheese, 5 farm fresh eggs, 4 tblsp half & half in the eggs. That’s it, minus the thick & chunky salsa topping.

Attachments

• IMG_0858.jpeg
    IMG_0858.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0859.jpeg
    IMG_0859.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 0
I got a cpl lbs of wild hog breakfast sausage, so I made a Frittata for lunch today.
Nuthin fancy, just shredded taters, half a diced jalapeño pepper, half a sweet onion, cheddar/jack cheese, 5 farm fresh eggs, 4 tblsp half & half in the eggs. That’s it, minus the thick & chunky salsa topping.
That there looks like one hell of a hearty & delicious breakfast Tom .YUM YUM !

Here’s an early supper today. And, yes, once again I passed on the veggies.
This is Cherry cider vinegar & Worcestershire sauce with Montreal steak seasoning marinade that a Sandhill Crane breast was in for 3 days.
It got butterflied & filled with cream cheese, rehydrated bacon bits & a whole jalapeño that got blackened on the grill then finely diced. Held together with tooth pick stitches & grilled for 8min a side. ( prob 6 min would have been enough, then let rest )
Served with loaded mash taters - bacon bits, chopped chives, sour cream, S&P, lots of butter & grated med cheddar.
Again, nuthin fancy, but damn good table fare nonetheless
I over cooked the meat a hair, it’s on the tough side, but still edible & tastes really good.

Attachments

• IMG_0874.jpeg
    IMG_0874.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0873.jpeg
    IMG_0873.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
This is Cherry cider vinegar & Worcestershire sauce with Montreal steak seasoning marinade that a Sandhill Crane breast was in for 3 days.
It got butterflied & filled with cream cheese, rehydrated bacon bits & a whole jalapeño that got blackened on the grill then finely diced. Held together with tooth pick stitches & grilled for 8min a side. ( prob 6 min would have been enough, then let rest )
Served with loaded mash taters - bacon bits, chopped chives, sour cream, S&P, lots of butter & grated med cheddar.
I over cooked the meat a hair, it’s on the tough side, but still edible & tastes really good.
Dam Tom you're making me drool again with these delicious recipes you're posting ! WOW they look great ! you should be a chef !

Dam Tom you're making me drool again with these delicious recipes you're posting ! WOW they look great ! you should be a chef !
TYVM. Much appreciated
I am fortunate that I learned how to cook bc I love good food & good drink & I’ve always liked the kinda women ya don’t take home to momma. They ain’t known for their cooking skills. I enjoy creating meals from my own ideas & making my own recipes. I create my own BBQ sauces & dry rubs too. Something about grilling meat over a fire, drinkin a beer or a glass of wine is a wonderful thing. And cooking for fam & ppl I enjoy being around is great too.

TYVM. Much appreciated
I am fortunate that I learned how to cook bc I love good food & good drink & I’ve always liked the kinda women ya don’t take home to momma. They ain’t known for their cooking skills. I enjoy creating meals from my own ideas & making my own recipes. I create my own BBQ sauces & dry rubs too. Something about grilling meat over a fire, drinkin a beer or a glass of wine is a wonderful thing. And cooking for fam & ppl I enjoy being around is great too.
Thats great ! my mother was an Italian chef & taught me how to cook & bake also , but I love seeing you're post & you're recipes . like I said look Dam delicious ! Keep up the good work & keep posting :lewis:

Everything looks great but you forgot the garnish 1710236665697.png

Back