bad crab season

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thats right, they will fish till the very last one is gone, then shrug their shoulders and ask, where did they go. My rule of thumb is, if they fish commercially, they violate.
.........and all hunters are drunken slob poaching yahoo rednecks.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^You forgot to finish your sentiments so I finished them for you.

You guys really should go talk to some commercial guys. Been hearing this same thing for ever. Its not even close to what you think it is.
There are a lot who stick to the regs but it's usually the ones that are closely monitored. This fall on Lake Huron they caught two Canadian captains that had filled their quotas by early summer, but they continued to fish the rest of the summer and into the fall. 100,000.00 in fines. One cap lost his fishing privileges permanently, the other for five years. Ohio commercial perch boats are watched as closely as any commercial fishery that I know of and the ODNR STILL catches them on-occasion cheating. The violating goes on with sport fisherman also and there are a lot more of them. They catch fisherman here in SE Michigan all the time over limit on walleye from Lake Erie. I don't have a working knowledge on crab regs in the Chesapeake Bay, but for any regs to work everybody from the fisherman on down to the retailer has to be on board and made responsible for illegal catch.

.........and all hunters are drunken slob poaching yahoo rednecks.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^You forgot to finish your sentiments so I finished them for you.
I was commenting on commercial fishing. My comments had nothing to do with hunting of any kind. I have spent 43 years on the Great Lakes (quite a few as a licensed captain) and have fished from Houghton MI. to Rochester NY and most places in between. I have witnessed enough of how some of them do business and had to deal with tribal and non-tribal commercial operators.

Now if it makes you happy, I'll go back and add a "IMO" to my post. As to you finishing my sentiments, you have no idea what my "sentiments' are, and have no business finishing anything I post based on what you think you know about me.

I was commenting on commercial fishing. My comments had nothing to do with hunting of any kind. I have spent 43 years on the Great Lakes (quite a few as a licensed captain) and have fished from Houghton MI. to Rochester NY and most places in between. I have witnessed enough of how some of them do business and had to deal with tribal and non-tribal commercial operators.

Now if it makes you happy, I'll go back and add a "IMO" to my post. As to you finishing my sentiments, you have no idea what my "sentiments' are, and have no business finishing anything I post based on what you think you know about me.
I don't think anything about you. Only thing I know is you painted all commercial fisherman with a broad brush. Just like anti hunters paint us hunters with a broad brush. I hope you got my point.

Back