Barnes .458 TSX 300g

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That speed of 2150 that Omega45 clocked is probably pretty close to what you are getting. Maybe you are seeing 2200 fps or so? You can use a ballistic calculator to make a chart, and compare the results with real life. There are several free programs available on-line.

sabotloader wrote about using one in the following.

http://www.modernmuzzleloader.com/phpBB ... hp?t=22255

More thought was given to the muzzle velocity of your load. I think it isn't so high as i wrote in my previous post. My guess is, it is less than 2100 fps, more than 2000 fps.

I am not sure of the sabots that were sent with the 265gr bullets but they were a chore to get down my Triumph's bore. If it were me a green CR sabot would be used in the Triumph with the 265 bullet. I used a TC measurer so if it reads 10gr heavier as stated it was 130gr BH209. It's a teeth rattling load in the light Triumph!!

Myself, i have learned the hard way that the Triumph stock smacks me in the face and causes swelling when i shoot it. The 130g load would do more than rattle my teeth if i shot it in my Triumph, and i can imagine what shooting that much powder would do to me. If i were to shoot that load in my Triumph, it would knock my face right off my head.

It will move you no doubt, my KRB7 is not a light gun. I have not weighed it nor have I look up the factory weight, but compared to my M37 Deerslayer she is a brute. I started off my season with my Ithaca last year until I got one in the freezer and then switched over to the KRB. I got into some snow and had my scope fog and had to switch back for a day and wow what a weight difference. If its one thing I know my 12 ga kicks a whole lot more with sabot slugs than my .50

Latest posts

Back