Bass Pro is offering the Bonded Shock Wave...

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Bonded Shock Wave bullet is obviously a reality at Bass Pro. That asterisk usually means they don't have any yet! I'm going to try to order some...

It obviously is not.

Thompson advised me they haven't seen any yet, as of this morning.

Hornady will probably have their own version later on and they're usually cheaper than the SW's.

Darrell

I also spoke with Hornady this AM-- they have no plans to release it; if/when it becomes available it will be T/C ONLY product, just as the PTX was.

Bummer... I liked it.

They only need to bond the 200/250 .. I dont think the 300's have a core seperation problem. :?: 8)

Doohan said:
They only need to bond the 200/250 .. I dont think the 300's have a core seperation problem. :?: 8)

The 300's must only fragment and dejacket when shot at Coastal Carolina deer. Maybe it is just the water? :roll:

Chuck, looks like a nice bullet. I didnt see it listed in Cabelas. I would call BP and drill down to their purchasing dept. mgr. and find out why they list a product that even the mfg. has no plans to release. Makes one wonder what else is in BP's Pros Catalog that fits this same category? :?

I am a Cabela's fan myself. :D

I would call BP and drill down to their purchasing dept. mgr. and find out why they list a product that even the mfg. has no plans to release.

That's not a bad idea! :idea: I think it IS in the works, just not quite yet! Remember, I have some of the T-Shock XLRs on back order with Bass Pro! :roll:

And if you think about it...Bass Pro got their Bonded Shock Wave info and ad copy from SOMEWHERE! That somewhere HAD to be Thompson/Center!

big6x6 said:
I would call BP and drill down to their purchasing dept. mgr. and find out why they list a product that even the mfg. has no plans to release.

And if you think about it...Bass Pro got their Bonded Shock Wave info and ad copy from SOMEWHERE! That somewhere HAD to be Thompson/Center!

MidWayUSA, etc., etc., is full of items not yet available. BassPro is no different.

Just take gander at all the places you can "order" a Knight Vision, and have been able to for some time. Not one production model has been made yet.

There are "plans"-- just no definite ones. Obviously, they would hope to have them available for the fall.

Just take gander at all the places you can "order" a Knight Vision, and have been able to for some time. Not one production model has been made yet.

Another late start looks like! :shock:

RandyWakeman said:
The 300's must only fragment and dejacket when shot at Coastal Carolina deer. Maybe it is just the water? :roll:

??

I must be living in a cave? since when do the 300's fragment?

I must be living in a cave?

There is a popular opinion that with the nocturnal emissions you are able to create, you should be-- or have been. :shock:

When or if this bullet comes out, I wonder if Hornady will be using the same bullet design as in their IB's (InterBond) cf bullets? Never tried them but when one reads about their features...you think you must have some. :lol:

Latest posts

Back