T/C shock waves...$19.99 at Bass Pro

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

choc-dog

Reaction score
I was a Bass Pro last Sunday in Baltimore picking up some Rockfish tackle for the upcoming season and just wanted a a box of 200 gr. .50 shock waves for a range session. I normally buy them in bulk.

Mid South shooters supply sells them for $10.61 per box of 15 and Bass Pro had them for $19.99. A 100% mark-up from Bass Pro "COST" is un-heard of.

Chocdog

dog,,,, I have been finding the same thing here...

I was also shocked when I went to a sporting goods store in Cedar Rapids and found pricing very similar to what you are finding. Just to be sure I went to another store and it was even higher.

Would it make sense to believe that due to the ammo shortage they have placed less emphasis on muzzle loading bullets only to ramp up production in the hand gun and black gun calibers?

I wonder if I should have invested money in a few pallets of bullets. :idea:

Same prices at Cabelas. About the only reasonable ML bullet prices are when they are on clearance. Dick's had them for $6.99 for 15 packs of 45cal 200 gr shockwaves, 250 gr and 300 gr bonded shockwaves. I bought a few. :wink: Wish I wish I wouldn't have left those 3 packs of the 200 gr shockwaves at the one store. Might want to check out a Dick's.

A possible option is the .44 300g XTP. It isn't as pretty as the shockwave, but Hornady say it's B.C. is .245.

One should be able to get 50 bullets, and 50 sabot for around $20 most anywhere.

Just a muse from an undisciplined mind.

I stopped by Dicks today and they have all the TC Shockwave Sabots on sale for $6.79/Box. Ballistic tip, hollow point and even the bonded in all weights. Also picked up some hHornady XPC's for $4.79 per box of 30. Just thought I'd pass along the info in case anyone wants to stock up.

I was doing some looking and found some shockwaves on Gander Mtn's website for 9.97 a box. If you have your order shipped to the store and pick it up there you can avoid the shipping charges. Same bullets in the store are 14.99 and 19.99 for the bonded. They have a lot of muzzy stuf on clearance right now. Being new to this I am always looking for some must have items. Eric

picked up 2 boxes of 250 gr. SST's
20 per box for 10.99 ea.

That was all they had.

I got an arm load [all I could carry] for 5 dollars a piece when Walmart had there after the hunting season sale here. Missed out on the Triumphs they had two and they were marked down to 200, after I thought about it I went back and was going to buy one for a spare but some guy was walking away with both I ask the clerk who he was she said he owns a sport shop in a town about 35 miles away. Lee

I predict we will be trading ML bullets with each other come hunting season
just so we can shoot and hunt.

Chocdog

Went by my local Dick's this a.m. to see if they had any muzzy stuff on sale...should have saved my gas, as their prices were as high as ever...nothing on sale...and sporting goods clerks who are clueless.

All I can say is, THE GOT THE NAME OF THE STORE RIGHT.

Bass Pro, Gander, and Dicks are usually always over priced. Cabela's is getting that way too.

Cajun said:
Bass Pro, Gander, and Dicks are usually always over priced. Cabela's is getting that way too.

You are soooo right Cajun.
And for most of us the shipping from Cabelas will kill the deal. :?

Back