BBBD

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oneshot

Reaction score
Yea Big Black Powder Buck Down.

Went to the same Stand I was in yesterday,didn't see a thing.Went to the House got something to eat and took a nap.Told my wife I was going to my other Stand might as well be bored there.

Get up that way seen my neighbor pulling a nice Buck off his place told him it was a nice Young Buck.Oh but its a Shooter.I said well to some people.

Go over to my Stand took the Primer off my Rifle,got up,put Safty Belt on,pull Rifle up.Was looking around seeing where I thought the Deer would come from.

Look down the hill there is a Buck coming.I put the Primer back on,didn't have time to get the Pull Line off.He gets up there stops behind some brush,I wait,he comes out.The 50 Cal. spoke,he runs I see him drop.

I get him to the road.Go back to the House.Man I must be getting Old I had to just set down three times,getting there.

Got the Pickup and wife.

Nice 9 Point.

000_1764bb.jpg

Don't tell her I took this after I told her to get busy
000_1765sb.jpg

oneshot

Nice Buck There
" CONGRATS "

But you didn't have time to get BORED Well may be next time. LOL

LB1

oneshot - that's a very nice buck you got there...

What kind of projectile did you shoot him with? Did you get complete pass through?

That's awesome! And a wife who will skin it for you, that's priceless!

Nice Buck. Congrats on the kill. It don't sound like you had too much time to get bored on the stand. Did you stop by your neighbors to brag a little? lol

cayuga said:
oneshot - that's a very nice buck you got there...

What kind of projectile did you shoot him with? Did you get complete pass through?

240gr. Cheap Shot Sabot,pushed by 90gr. Pyrodex.Yes I got Pass through.

I've shot two Does since.One Doe I didn't get Pass Trough,but it hit heavy Bone.

I'm done for the Season,Lord really blessed us.But next year I'm cutting baqck,I'm finding myself in way too much pain.

Here is a Pic of one of the Does.
000_1770.jpg

oneshot

Well congratulations on the deer.. take care of yourself..

Way to go one-shot. Nice deer! It's funny how it happens quickly like that sometimes.

Cajun said:

I agree! How did you get a wife that will dress your deer?

big6x6 said:
Cajun said:

I agree! How did you get a wife that will dress your deer?

I tell you the Lord Blessed me with her.She has always been good cleaning Game.She has went hunting,but she likes setting around Camp and we've had fun there.One year we spent most the year in a Tent,seemed it wanted to either rain or Snow,got to where it was just another day,took it all in stride and enjoyed it.

She is very take Charge on anything,been trying to get her to slow down.But she still keeps trucking.
Busy in Deer Camp
000_1039pca.jpg

Multitasking
000_0929mb.jpg

We have 6 Kids and 14 Grandkids.Plus she works 50-100 hours a week.

Ah we have had our troubles,mainly it is what she liked about me.She liked the Bad Boy,but she didn't like some of the off the wall things I would do.Felt I didn't care about her.But truth I couldn't find a better Friend.

oneshot

I wish we all could put things in words as well as you did One Shot. I hope you share your post with her. Thanks for sharing with us.

Latest posts

Back