Best Broadhead for Elk

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Going on a bow hunt for elk in Sept and I was thinking of using either the Magnus Stinger Buzzcut, Muzzy Phamton or Steel Force fixed blad cut on contact broadheads.

Does anyone have expierence with any of these on Elk or let me know from your expereince what works. My bow is set at 60lbs. and from what I am told my shots will be between 25-35 yds.

Thanks...Ed

When I bow hunted in the Breaks in Montana the guide told me two things. Cut on contact broad head, and be able to shoot 50 yard very well. Most of the people up there shot Steelforce or Magnus.

micky

Ed... good luck with the elk hunt. I never hunted them with a bow. But when I was able to shoot bow, I always shot muzzy 125 grain. I could break a deer down real well with them and always got a pass through. Of course an elk is a much larger and thicker critter. So good luck. I will be waiting for your story.

Thanks guys, I wish I could use my White instead! I just hope I have the ability to draw my bow back and not freeze when those big boys present me a shot.

Latest posts

Back