Best Cleaning Solvent for IMR White Hot Pellets

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

solocam

Reaction score
I did a search and didn't find anything on best cleaning solvent for IMR White Hots. Please Advise of what solvent to clean properly.

Thanks Mike

Windex works good. As well as soap and water. Use a petroleum base oil to protect the bore after cleaning.

2 parts rubbing alcohol 2 parts peroxide I part Murphys oil soap will eat the powder right out. Grab a little bottle put your breechplug in fill it right above the breech plug give it a couple shakes. Come back in 10 minutes and it'll look like new.

In the field I use windex dampened patches Or a spit patch.

At home Hoppes Black Powder solvent has worked well for me getting all the crud loose easily.

2 parts rubbing alcohol 2 parts peroxide I part Murphys oil soap will eat the powder right out. Grab a little bottle put your breechplug in fill it right above the breech plug give it a couple shakes. Come back in 10 minutes and it'll look like new.
Also in the field I carry a little bottle of gel hand sanitizer works great and alcohol dries quickly

Back