Best Thing About the Obama Presidency Is That It's Coming to an End

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Best Thing About the Obama Presidency Is That It's Coming to an End

Not many of us are old enough to remember the presidential election of 1952. Old party stalwarts were anointed to be the candidates for the Republicans and Democrats. Robert A. Taft from Ohio (like Kasich) was the proposed Republican candidate while Adlai Stevenson was the Democratic candidate.

Late in the game, Eisenhower was drafted to be a candidate just before the convention. Through typical political chicanery, Eisenhower was the eventual nominee. Taft was livid. He was promised the nomination and felt as if the Republican party cheated him (they did). The "I Like Ike" chant carried through the nation and he was elected ... and did a wonderful job for the next 8 years.

It is my (probably vain) hope that something similar will happen this year and that after the first ballot, Kasich or Paul Ryan will be the Republican nominee.
I don't really believe it will come to pass but I can hope. :Salute:

Pete..I think if Kasich was an outsider of the party and GOP like the others ..he would of been a shoe in...people now wnat someone who does not have strong ties to goverment and party..like Cruz and Frump..both outsiders and hated by the gop and repubs...the Repub party will change big time I bet after this election..they are like gangsters now ..telling the people who is best for them..not letting the people vote who is best for the people...if they ever threw a wildcard in the convention..its a sure in for Hillary...

I wonder why the GOP is not trying to make Kasich shine...he is an insider but not a puppet like Rubio was..thats why they focused on Rubio ..he was a puppet and they knew they could control him...President in title only...

If they made Kasich shine from the beginning...he would of been top dog now...they did not give him the time of day as they thought he had no chance against Hillary.so kicked him to the curb

Yes, and now we're all paying for it. We have no options.

Back