Browning vs. Remington...You won't believe this....

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My Benelli is one of the combat models not a bird gun. I like it because it shoots slugs on the money, it is tough, it is fast, and it works everytime.

Grouse said:
What do you like about your Benelli? If i had the cash, i would of bought one.
The best thing I like about mine is it's ability to handle light skeet loads and full power 3.5" magnum waterfowl loads with everything in between and nary a hiccup! Mine had been dragged through muddy corn fields and pelted with ocean salt water spray sea duck hunting, and it cleans up in a snap.
I had to constantly clean my 11-87. The forearm wood split and it would constantly "stovepipe" spent shells. It's use was not limited to slug shooting.
Now my 870 is the most reliable firearm I have ever owned. I think I own 4 of them. Even though it probably wasn't designed as a slug shooter or to accomodate a Hastings barrel I would bet MONEY it will out shoot many slug spewers.

The second best thing about my Benelli is.... it's NOT an 11-87 :poke:

Sometimes I wish I had my 11-87 back. It would serve as an excellent tomato plant stake during the summer months.

Last I knew Mossberg had a lifetime warranty against defects. My first gun was a Mossberg 500 20 gauge.

CORVAIR said:
Loggy said:
I suggest before u do anything...stop by a Browning Dealer and chat a lil VS hang ur hat on communique & info recd over the net including reports of calls to clerks in customer service. Plus, handle/inspect the Gold & compare to the others. :wink:

:) Best of luck!

I would agree with your statement Loggy and I am the one who called Browning. I have owned several Browning shotguns over the years and the workmanship and quality is excellant.
I currently own a Browning Gold 12 ga. and it is my go to turkey gun. Absolutely love the light weight and functionality,have never had a single problem.

I do however have a real problem with the lack of official warranty. This might not hamper me from purchasing additional Browning guns though!
With the quality manufacturing already there, the warranty issue might be a mute point. Remember, Browning's ad logo: "Browning, The best there is."
Additionally, if Browning handles service issues on a case by case basis, I'll bet most services for failed components probably would be covered.

Amen CORVAIR!! :yeah:

I used to really think the Warranty Period correlated with quality....but as I became more wiser I have concluded that there is an inverse correlation in most cases. Some of the very best warranties in the business come from Korean Car Manufacturers...case in point.

American gunsmith John Moses Browning developed the first successful semi-automatic shotgun.... the Browning Auto-5. There is Browning semi-auto shotgun & then there is the rest of the bunch!:lol:

As you posted...."Browning, the best there is"!!!!!

Neat to hear all's perspectives on Warranties for sure. My purchased new.. 1988 GMC Suburban's (THE PROFESSIONAL GRADE) shabby "12 month, 24K Mile Warranty" ran out 18 years ago!! LOL :wink:

I guess warranties don't mean as much to some as I thought. :huh?: This is so foreign to me I can't even conceive it. For a company to take advantage of a consumers brand loyality by NOT extending a WARRANTY to their CUSTOMER who lays out their HARD EARNED CASH for THEIR product, quite frankly makes me sick at my stomach. This implies, IMO, quite simply that the company REALLY wants no responsibility at all for the workmanship of their product. In other words...you bought it sucker, deal with it!

If anyone thinks I'm going to buy a rifle/shotgun that doesn't have a blame WARRANTY....they're crazy. I'm not even going to consider it. That brand has no chance of ever selling me anything else until they HAVE a warranty. That goes for scopes, cars, TVs, DVD players, lawnmowers, knives, etc, etc, etc. I might have been born yesterday but it wasn't last NIGHT.

Why buy a Ruger Red Label or Browning Citori(no warranty) when a Beretta O/U(up to 3 year warranty) is available? Think a BERETTA O/U isn't a quality product? Probably the best! I'll never ever consider a Ruger M77, Weatherby MK V, or Browning Abolt again(no warranty)...not as long as a Remington 700(2 year warranty), Savage M 10/110(1 year), or CZ-527/550(5 years!) is available. Ain't gonna happen. Offering a warranty is telling me, the customer that: 1)They want my business 2)They VALUE me as a customer 3)They BELIEVE in their product!

If a company doesn't believe in THEIR product enough to offer me a warranty...who am I to argue? :yeah:

Latest posts

Back