Bullets

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

carcaju99

Reaction score
A friend of mine has an assortment of bullets he is willing to let me "borrow". One type is a Barnes 250gr Spitfire sabot round. All 3 packs have blue tips except for one line of 5. I measured the weights and they are al 250gr + - 2gr. Some of his stuff is a bit old. Are these bullets still available in this configuration? Don't want to test only to find I can't get more.
Regards All!
Gary

Attachments

• bridge.JPG
    bridge.JPG
    124.3 KB · Views: 0
The 250 gr TEZ bullets are still available at many sporting goods stores I go into and all over the Internet. I took that pic above yesterday. The Barnes 290s that many prefer especially for elk are much tougher to find at the moment.

https://www.grafs.com/retail/catalog/product/productId/27695
https://www.cabelas.com/shop/en/barnes-spit-fire-t-ez-muzzleloader-sabots
https://www.opticsplanet.com/barnes-spit-fire-t-ez-muzzleloader-50-cal-rifle-bullets-w-sabots.html
https://palmettostatearmory.com/bar...-gr-fb-muzzleloader-bullet-24-pack-30601.html

The small sports shops can have them in stock. The same........ party store......... that I found 35 bottles of BH209 has them in stock.
I live in a village in the Kootenays of BC. It's a long way from home, ToTo! Ha Ha. Not a lot of suppliers within a 4 hour drive, one-way. I will try to find out what the import rules are for chunks of copper, also known as bullets, are for Canada. I know firearm parts are really tough to import. (I'm OK with that).

250 gr bullets of any kind wouldn’t be my first choice for moose. I’ve only killed one but that was a Shiras with a 300 grain bullet. I’d go with at least 300 grain bullets for your moose.

250 gr bullets of any kind wouldn’t be my first choice for moose. I’ve only killed one but that was a Shiras with a 300 grain bullet. I’d go with at least 300 grain bullets for your moose.
Normally, I would agree but I am struggling with supply. I have access to 40-50 Barnes TMZ 250's. The moose I am hunting is "officially" a Canada Moose but it is probably closer to a smaller Shiras...that is...until it hits the ground. Then they have a habit of getting REALLY big and heavy. Ha HA. I have tags for 5-6 deer as well.

Well, if that’s all you’ve got, the Barnes are great bullets! I think a bonded or controlled-expansion bullet is the best choice for elk/moose and bigger game. My experience with shiras, was that they aren’t that hard to kill and not built much tougher than an elk. But my sample size is small. You’re likely much more knowledgeable than I am.

93BB4DD3-E037-4AB3-898E-F452F188D1C9.jpeg

Dandy moose. I am new to black powder so all the moose I have shot so far have been with .30's. My deer season is November with moose around Dec 10 and cow elk (might be 2 tags) in early January. Moose and elk are on military bases. Where did you take this moose? Looks like Montana. Must have waited a long time for a draw.

There are still 'Bloodline Bullets' available from Knight - not sure how much longer but the 458x275 and 300 are excellent large game bullets.

Bloodline link

50 Caliber Archives - Knight Rifles

2013-Damage.jpg

12-12-Elk-Composite.jpg

Dandy moose. I am new to black powder so all the moose I have shot so far have been with .30's. My deer season is November with moose around Dec 10 and cow elk (might be 2 tags) in early January. Moose and elk are on military bases. Where did you take this moose? Looks like Montana. Must have waited a long time for a draw.
Thanks. Wyoming - 15ish points. Only saw one better in about two weeks of hunting so I was pleased with him.

Sabotloader, based on your post, do you think Knight Bloodlines are due to be discontinued?
I recently tried to contact Knight to ask about this question. I base this only on that Knight and Lehigh have dissolved their working agreement and that Wilson Combat has purchased Lehigh.

Knight could very well turn to another CNC group/business to continue supplying them with the Brass bullets.

I have not received a response from Knight about my inquiry.

I recently tried to contact Knight to ask about this question. I base this only on that Knight and Lehigh have dissolved their working agreement and that Wilson Combat has purchased Lehigh.

Knight could very well turn to another CNC group/business to continue supplying them with the Brass bullets.

Great information to know, thank you.

Great information to know, thank you.
I contacted LeHigh regarding the .40 185 CF bullet two weeks ago and was told they have been discontinued. A follow up call with Wilson Combat also confirmed they are discontinued.

I contacted LeHigh regarding the .40 185 CF bullet two weeks ago and was told they have been discontinued. A follow up call with Wilson Combat also confirmed they are discontinued.

I have a very big CONCERN about what Wilson Combat will and will not offer. But they are just in the beginning of their process. They also pulled the 452x265CF from their list of bullets which was a main stay for ML hunters. When I saw that I also sent an email asking for a clarification. Got an email back but it really did not address the question.

That was my driving reason for contacting Knight about what they might be doing with the Bloodline bullets. Those chunks of bright Gold Brass are excellent bullets.

I looked yesterday at the Knight inventory and they say they are out of both 40x195CF and the 40x200CF which is are outstanding bullets, depending on the twist rate of your bore.

I am concerned Wilson may shift all of their focus to bullets that will advance their products.

My Knight .45 Disc Elite loaded with 120 grains (V) BH209 pushing the Lehigh .40 185 CF averaging 2309 fps in the blue Harvester CR sabot is quite accurate and very effective on deer. Let’s hope Wilson Combat chooses to resume production soon.

Back