Caribou hunt

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Had a great time on a Caribou hunt in Quebec two weeks back. I took a black bear and a small bull ( I blew the chance at a nice bull ) with my Encore with a smokeless barrel. My buddy Gene took a nice bull and a small bull and my cousin Ron took a monster bull with rifles. Very pretty country and nice people but the hunt was not what I expected. It wasn't like you see on tv where they hunt mostly open country. We hunted in a heavy forested lake basin in blinds on trails. You just sit there waiting for one to come down the trail, no spot and stalk or try and get ahead of a moving animal. It sure was different than expected thats for sure but we had a good time flying in float planes and riding the lake in boats an took
some nice animals. Oh yeah we saw an indain uprising. They blocked the road between the airport in Schefferville and the base camps so no hunters or supplies could get through but they let hunter leave the camps to go to the airport to get home. I guess if they didn't it would have been a hostage situation. It was said they had a lawyer advising them on how to go about it.
DSCN0421.jpg

DSCN0384.jpg

DSCN0394.jpg

Latest posts

Back