CCI Musket Caps ?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
At 75 yards I was getting consistent 1.5" groups maybe up to 2" at the most. I don't know exactly how many shots I fired with them, but I never experienced a misfire, but I was happy with the results in sighting 5 ML's with them. I would still prefer RWS Musket caps but nobody has them. I know if my grandsons have an opportunity this year, and they do their part we'll be eating venison this year.

At 75 yards I was getting consistent 1.5" groups maybe up to 2" at the most. I don't know exactly how many shots I fired with them, but I never experienced a misfire, but I was happy with the results in sighting 5 ML's with them. I would still prefer RWS Musket caps but nobody has them. I know if my grandsons have an opportunity this year, and they do their part we'll be eating venison this year.

I just bought 3k of RWS at our Nationals for the normal price.

Its on the tin somewhere. Cant blow your nose with 0301.
Somewhere I read it, but I see it on the tins I have. If you use 0301 sign up for disappointment training.
Harold

You are lucky! What did you pay for one container?
Nothing lucky about it. We're a competition shooting organization and there were close to 3000 people shooting this weekend. Suppliers take notice of large competition organizations and make sure we stay happy. Also no issue getting black powder. I go through about 40+lbs per year.

Schuetzen 1k- $78
RWS 1k- $88

Carbine match at 8a. That's not fog. That's the smoke from 550 guys shooting as fast as they can in a competition based on speed and accuracy.

IMG_20211002_083400.jpg

And the view behind the firing line as they were staging cannon for the artillery match. Yes, we also compete with cannon using live ammunition.
IMG_20211002_101147.jpg

Our team fielded a 6lb rifled howitzer. This is the view to our immediate right on the firing line. I didn't get an pix of our gun in action as I was pretty busy covering 2 positions on the gun and handling four tasks per shot- worm, brush, wet mop, dry mop. We finished 2nd in the rifled howitzer class by just 2 points. That's what a flyer can do to your score and why we don't like flyers.
IMG_20211002_142047.jpg

Nothing lucky about it. We're a competition shooting organization and there were close to 3000 people shooting this weekend. Suppliers take notice of large competition organizations and make sure we stay happy. Also no issue getting black powder. I go through about 40+lbs per year.

Schuetzen 1k- $78
RWS 1k- $88
Wow, that's a great price. The last time I bought a container of 200 RWS musket caps I think I paid $28.

Latest posts

Back