Changing front bead on shotgun

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lol. If you look at the leverage its about 100 to one. Should have known. Pretty much explains why Im not mechanically minded. I can do simple stuff like change oil and rotate tires. I even find windshield wipers challenging. LOL.

The bead arrived and has been installed. I threaded it into the hole first before lock tite and it was very tight. Today one rabbit escaped death because he ran 60 yards out in another fence row. My monster 410 didn't have the reach. I did get a second rabbit about 35 yards. Still alive when I arrived but not going anywhere. The red bead works just fine. When I miss it wont be the color of the bead to blame. It sure does help though. No snow today, thick brush and tall golden rods. Brown everywhere.

As you already found it’s simple to do. Congrats on the new site.

I made the mistake of installing duck busters or something of that nature on my shotgun. It featured a high viz., front bead and rear site for a shotgun. Big mistake.

Everything I shot at was about 6 to 8 inches high at 30 to 40 yards. I removed the rear site and I was back on target.

Centering the front bead in the rear site, caused the barrel to be higher than it needed.

Latest posts

Back