Cleaning the plug

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrTom

Reaction score
Man, I enjoy cleaning the Woodman Patriot with the carbide plug bushing. 1 patch down and back with a bit of Hoppes on it. A dry patch. A patch with a little wd-corrosion preventer. Done with barrel. Unscrew the small nut that holds the bushing in place in the plug. Tap the bushing out and run a drill bit thru the flash channel....in 39 shots this was totally un-needed. wipe the bushing off and place back in plug then screw in the retaining nut. Rub a small amount of anti-sieze on the plug threads at the barrel end and screw the plug back in and set it. Done. 8 minutes. Shooting IMR 4198. W209 Winnie primers.

I've read a lot of guys that would rather clean a traditional rifle by whatever process they would do that ,I'm not meaning to get into that topic what's really nice for me and I like it about the Woodman plug I can take everything apart and I can put my eyeballs on it, sometimes with the traditional gun to not being able to see all the surfaces with my eyes messes with my head a little bit ,,myself I love this about inline and about the Woodman plug I can put my eyes on it from one end to the other again I really like that it gives me at least visual security that everything is clean sometimes a traditional gun I'm guessing again I'm sure that's operator error. I like the Woodman plug!!!

Latest posts

Back