Colorado Alert

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Muley Hunter

Reaction score
Colorado State Legislature Moving Forward with Gun Control Bills
Saturday, February 16, 2013 by Richard Abramson
Yesterday the Colorado House passed four new gun control bills on voice votes. The official vote will happen on Monday.

There are a series of town hall meetings (see below) this weekend that you can participate in and let your voice be heard. You can also contact your representatives and let them know how you view the proposed legislation.

Here are summaries of the 4 bills. It is our position that none of these bills will have any significant impact on violent crime and will only infringe the constitutional rights of law-abiding citizens.

· HB-1224: Bans all magazines that hold more than 15 rounds.

· HB-1226: Bans armed self-defense on college campuses; expanding criminal safe-zones to all state college and university campuses.

· HB-1228: Imposes a Jim Crow-style gun tax on all purchases. This legislation has no limit on the amount the CBI could charge for a background check.

· HB-1229: Bans the private sale of firearms and institutes universal background checks / gun registration for all Colorado gun owners.

What can you do? We have some suggestions for you.

First – Please contact your State Representative TODAY, and politely remind them that you are watching how they vote. Urge them to vote NO on HB-1224, HB-1226, HB-1228 and HB-1229. Your State Representatives can be found here.

Second – There will be a series of Town Hall meetings starting today. Show up and let your voice be heard. Be respectful and polite while you exercise your First Amendment right to protect your Second Amendment right. Here is a list of the town hall meetings.

Cherry Hills Village:

Town Hall Meeting with Rep. Daniel Kagan
Cherry Hills Village Community Center, 2460 East Quincy Ave, Cherry Hills Village, Colorado 80113
Monday, Feb. 18, 2013 from 6:30 to 8:00 p.m.

Denver:

Town hall Meeting with Representative Pabon and Senator Guzman
The Puppet House, 3156 W. 38th Avenue, Denver, CO 80211
Saturday, February 16, 9am-11:30am

Colorado Health Care & Immigration Reform w/ Senator Aguilar
First Universalist Church of Denver, 4100 E. Hampden Ave, Denver, CO 80113
Sunday, February 17, 12:30pm – 2:00pm

Fort Collins:

Community Conversation with Representatives Fischer and Ginal Senator Kefalas
Genoa Coffee & Wine, 2614 S. Timberline Road, #104, Ft. Collins, CO 80525
Saturday, February 16, 9-10am

Golden:

Golden Town Hall Meeting with Senator Nicholson
Golden City Hall, 911 10th Street, Golden, CO 80401
Sat, February 16, 10am – 12pm

Greeley:

Town hall Meeting with Representative Young
North Range Behavioral Health Administration Building, 1300 North 17th Avenue, Greeley, CO 80631
Saturday, Feb. 16, 10:00 a.m. to Noon

Leadville:

Town hall Meeting with Representative Hamner
Leadville Colorado Mountain College, 901 South Hwy 24, Leadville, CO 80461
Saturday Feb. 16, 2013 from 3:30 p.m. to 4:30 p.m.

Pueblo:

Community Conversation with Senator Giron
Rawlings Library, 100 East Abriendo, Pueblo, CO
Saturday, February 16, 10:00am – 11:30am

Superior:

Superior Town Hall w/ Senator Nicholson
Superior Town Hall Building, 124 East Coal Creek Drive, Superior, CO 80027
Saturday, February 16, 2pm – 4pm

Westminster:

Town hall Meeting w/Representative Reniston and Senators Ulibarri & Tochtrop
Ciancio's, 9650 Sheridan Blvd., Westminster, CO 80219
Saturday, February 16, 10:00am – 10:30am

Town hall Meeting w/Representative Kraft-Tharp and Senator Hudak
Covenant Village, 9153 Yarrow Street, Westminster, CO 80021
Saturday, February 16, 10:30am – 12:00pm

Community Conversation w/Senators Tochtrop & Ulibarri
Ciancio's, 9650 Sheridan Blvd, Westminster, CO 80219
Sat, February 16, 6:00pm – 6:30pm

Third – Contact your state and federal representatives and let your voice be heard. Here are two options that will allow you to accomplish this quickly and easily.

· NRA-ILA - Write your Representatives.

· Ruger – Take Action Now!

· Colorado General Assembly – Find Phone Numbers Here.

Get involved this weekend and let your voice be heard!

Centennial Gun Club

asshole democrats. They had this **** planned LONG before any of the shootings took place.

I'm not sure. All we can do is fight it.

I thought Colorado was better than this.

I wonder if this means muzzleloaders too?

no kidding, this place is turning into california due to all the liberals we have here.

Pete, i say we pack up our fat dogs and move to mexico.

Found a small article on yahoo but no details. Since your Senate is also Democrat things don't look good. Also there was some issue with a company moving out of state and taking 600 jobs so the house did this:

And a Colorado-based manufacturer of ammunition magazines threatened to leave Colorado if a ban on high-capacity magazines becomes law, taking some 600 jobs with them.Democrats amended the magazine-limit bill to allow the company to continue to sell the magazines for out-of-state use, leading Waller to call the Democrats hypocritical.

Most definitely hypocritical!

Best of luck.

John

I should have bought a crossbow when I had the money.

Time to start saving for one.

jcampoli said:
Found a small article on yahoo but no details. Since your Senate is also Democrat things don't look good. Also there was some issue with a company moving out of state and taking 600 jobs so the house did this:

And a Colorado-based manufacturer of ammunition magazines threatened to leave Colorado if a ban on high-capacity magazines becomes law, taking some 600 jobs with them.Democrats amended the magazine-limit bill to allow the company to continue to sell the magazines for out-of-state use, leading Waller to call the Democrats hypocritical.

Most definitely hypocritical!

Best of luck.

John

I didn't realize Colorado was so wimpy. I thought this was the wild west, not some yuppie, treehugging craphole.

That is really sad. In the age of technology & wisdom that we live in, we still have those that try to use emotion to sway their agenda. It doesn't really matter that they put more lives at stake. Look at the 2nd bill......"EXPANDING criminal safe zones" & that is just what they are doing, helping the criminals to be safer longer before police can arrive. Meanwhile MORE people die! Brilliant!

It might be a wise idea to begin calling all of them or doing research to find out which of them have CPL's & ask them why they need them?

Muley said:
I didn't realize Colorado was so wimpy. I thought this was the wild west, not some yuppie, treehugging craphole.
That's what you get for having those ritzy ski areas that attract all the California movie stars and the Kennedys. Pretty soon all the land is bought up by those a-holes and they bring their politics with them.
We have the same problem with the Miami area and all the NY/NJ/Mass liberals that retire here. :no:

I used to drive through Aspen on my way to fly fishing the Frying Pan. Aspen reminded me why I left California.

I'm serious if this gets too bad. I'll go bow hunting. I don't see any mass killings with a bow yet?

Till everybody goes bowhunting , then they'll make a plan with it ! Over here i'm not even allowed to carry a knife with a blade longer than 3 ", it's considered a doungerous weapon !

Latest posts

Back