Coming soon to a Gunshop near you!

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rifleman

Reaction score
P90.jpg

In a semi-auto configuration only of course. And a little bit longer barrel. Fn Herstal 5.7x 28 mm P90

http://www.fnherstal.com/

Yep, expect to see a LOT of those at the local shops. :lol: :wink:

Compactness : 500 mm long, 210 mm high, 55 mm wide
Rounded shapes : no protruding parts, magazine integrated on top of the barrel
Handles naturally : optimized weight and shape
First fully ambidextrous individual automatic weapon

Meant to add that I think our boys are 3rd cousins.... :shock:

I guess I need to buy myself another gun. :eek:
Any news about HK XM8 in semi auto?

Not that I am aware of on the HK Nug.

The problem with this new FN is the round is made to defeat body armor but that darn thing stinks on terminal ballistics. I talked to a guy who is a tech at the highest level echelon of testing/eval. He said the terminal ballistics testing results are pretty poor.

that is an amazing looking weapon. Dude, what is up with your teeth? I thought the Corp had a better dental plan than that... :lol:

good question JJ, maybe our courts don't know the meaning of the word "infringed"

Rifleman said:
Not that I am aware of on the HK Nug.

The problem with this new FN is the round is made to defeat body armor but that darn thing stinks on terminal ballistics. I talked to a guy who is a tech at the highest level echelon of testing/eval. He said the terminal ballistics testing results are pretty poor.
Thanks Rifleman. Here is some info on that round you probably already know:
Three rounds are available for the P90 at this time. The standard ball round, called the SS190, features an overall length of 1.6 inches (40.5 mm), a projectile weight of 31.0 grains (2.02 grams) and a muzzle velocity of 2,345 fps (715 mps). The SS190 projectile features steel core in front of an aluminum core toward the base. The bullet penetrates about 10 inches (26 cm) of 10 percent ballistic gelatin, according to testing conducted at the Royal Canadian Mounted Police Academy in September 1997. The SS190 round will also penetrate 48 layers of Kevlar, the typical "Flak jacket" (including CRISAT protection, which is a combination of titanium and Kevlar) worn by infantry to protect them from shrapnel produced by exploding devices, or a standard PASGT (U.S. Kevlar) helmet at 150 meters (164 yards), which is the effective range of the P90 Personal Defense Weapon. The weapon will still defeat Level 3 body armor at 200 meters (219 yards). The "maximum effective range" using the NATO definition (the maximum range where a weapon's projectile will still deliver 85 joules on target) is 400 meters (437 yards). Thus, according to NATO standards, the P90 is theoretically able to deliver a lethal wound on a protected target at 200m and an unprotected target at 400m if the round hits a vital area. Personally, I would not be enthusiastic about engaging targets beyond 150m with the standard SS190 round.
And a link:FN P90
Will be great gun for plinking.

Hey R-man. Are those your tonsils way down there? :D

or a standard PASGT (U.S. Kevlar) helmet at 150 meters (164 yards),

Just as a standard of comparison if I recall correctly when the M16a2 was adopted along with the new 62 gr ss109 round it was tested and would penetrate a helmet at over 600 meters, I wanna say it was 800 but I just cant remember. Regardless this new round aint no .223 and the .223 was never known to be all that great of a man stopper.

Raf, why yes I believe they are! :lol:

Rifleman said:
the 2nd amendment ain't about your Daddys shotgun boys.....

Sure it is. That and any other gun we choose. It's our choice that matters. Whether or not we choose to exercise it.

Rifleman said:
the 2nd amendment ain't about your Daddys shotgun boys.....

I wasn't aware this post was about the second amendment? :huh?:

Latest posts

Back