Couple late eason Does

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Shot these 2 last night at 5:08 and 5:11 p.m., shot the larger doe 1st after she walked out from behind some brush at a lasered 75 yds, hit her high shoulders and dropped her in her tracks, thought Id missed her at 1st because when the smoked cleared she was nowhere to be seen and I had broke the trigger a little early due to cold fingers and light trigger pull.. well I seen a deer moving behind some brush back down logging road so I hurried up and reloaded thinking this was the deer I had just shot at, when it walked out at 70 yds I put crosshairs low on chest/shoulder and at the shot I seen it run off and thought that it looked a little smaller then originally thought. Walked down to where I shot and there layed the big doe broke down but still alive, shot her again in the head to end her sufferig, then looked over and 35 yds away lay the smaller doe dead shot thru both lungs and the top of the heart....Weapon used was a Knight Black Knight that I payed 75.00 for w/a Burris 1.75x5 scope that came with gun and Hornady .452 300 gr. XTP w/short black mmp sabot, 85 gr. pyr. RS..This 75.00 gun has now more then payed for itself with 3 deer this year.

Attachments

• IMG_1452.JPG
    93.6 KB · Views: 541
  • IMG_1451.JPG
    89.8 KB · Views: 539
That is some nice looking venison you have there. Real good eating there. Nice shooting and nice load and rifles.

When I think of inexpensive rifles, I think of the year I purchased a .54 caliber CVA Mountain Stalker (Bobcat) from Bass Pro. They were selling them for $39.95. I should have purchased all they had but only took one. Well I sighted it in on the first day it came to the house, with roundball. One month later I harvested three deer with it. So I never judge a rifle's ability by the price.

:D

Congrats :!: :!: Freezer full of venison. What more can a deer hunter ask for :applause: :applause: Enjoy those back straps 8)

Ray......... :wink:

Thanks guys took the step daughter tonite and she missed one at less then 25 yds, makes the 2nd one shes missed with a gun both less then 30 yds...after we looked for blood for 35-40 minutes in the snow I told if she keeps saving the deers lives that Im going to have to get her a seeing eye dog to aim the gun.. :think: She said she was nervous plus freezing so she was shaking real bad when she pulled the trigger... she killed 3 in a row last year with perfect shots I think buck fever is setting in.

Don, shes not a kid anymore will be 29 the 15th of this month, couldnt get her to go when she was a kid but she married a guy who started back deer hunting after he met me so now shes getting into it...still glad to take her with me and enjoy it alot..

doggzoe said:
Sweet. And keep taking the kids. I think it helps develope deeper relationships.
Don

Yea my step daughter is 37 and my youngest is 27, but they are still the kids to me. They do not care for hunting! But doing one on one things together is still a bonding moment. But I did amagin someone a bit younger when I wrote the above reply.
Don

Latest posts

Back