CVA goes boom!

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jotjackson1

Reaction score
Hey guys, Pam harvested a 165 lb big racked 8 pt with her CVA ML. The girl knows how to get it done. We have 6 days of the rut to hunt on our property. I will figure out a way to get a pic to Jon. The deer only ran 50 yds before piling up.

Jon, I am in the boonies. Let me know if you get the email we tried to send

WP_20160124_17_30_04_Pro_zps492msqrc.jpg

This is the pic of Pam's deer, hopefully it came through.
Jerry

When men chase women and bucks chase does, sometimes the ending is not good. Pam has picked up the Hawken for the last days of the hunt. I asked her to take a 80lb doe for the meat. Alabama has a long and very liberal deer season and we are very fortunate to be a part of it.

Is that the bullet entrance/exit in front of the left shoulder? Looks like a heck of a hole.

That is the exit wound, she shot it on the right side quartering away from her. Deer ran 50 yards and piled up. 260 grain bullet pushed by 2 pellets of Pyrodex. Gun is a .50 cal CVA Optima Elite. She has a .243 barrel for it that has a dis-like for coyotes. Lol

What a great buck Pam got!! Congrats Pat! Leave at least one for me if I do make the trip out!

We just need to figure out a way to get a couple hundred pounds of deer meat back to Colorado!!!

Jotjackson said:
We just need to figure out a way to get a couple hundred pounds of deer meat back to Colorado!!!
Dry ice. That is what Omaha Steaks uses. Wear gloves! It will rip the skin right off!

My wife and I brought an elk, 2 deer, and 2 antelope back from Wyoming on a utility trailer with a dry box strapped to it. The dry ice only lasted 3 days but it was long enough.

Back