cva wolf/optima V2 front sight for eabco peeprib?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi all - i know this has been covered alot and opinions vary, ive read alot of threads and after 2 hours solid reading settled on the eabco peeprib rear which allows for a scope - and seems to make the rifle ALOT more accurate..

PeepRib Peep Sights for CVA Optima, Accura, Wolf, and Kodiak

From what ive read the cva want a .445 front sight, I can sand/mill down but not sure what sight would work best with the peeprib? or is the stock ok? planning to max 150 yards for deer - no more! Will play around with the bushnell scope for practice -but would like to know what works well with the peeprib-

Do brass front sights work? I dont think CA allows for light assisted sights, be it glowing, or whatever- id have to check-

Was looking at this:
Williams™ WGRS-CVA Optima Peep Sight/Firesight Set - Fits CVA Optima Muzzleloaders - 70271

I’ve got the PeepRib on a T/C Omega.

The PeepRib works “OK“ with the factory front sight, but it’s not ideal. I’m near the end of the adjustment on the PeepRib, using the stock front sight. I should really get a taller front sight, which would get the rear sight just a little lower/more protected.

Correction- I should have gotten a taller front sight, in the fall of 2005! 🤪 The current combo is a proven deer-getter, and I’m a procrastinator, so… I just left it alone. 😎

Meanwhile, back at the ranch… MN legalized scopes during the Muzzleloader deer season! I already have a 2-7 Leupold MZ-oriented scope, so that’ll be going on the rifle.

Any year, now... 🙄

Last edited:
One reason i opted for the peep rib is the quick detachable scope option which is real nice at the range... ordered 2 today - someone else mentioned they shot better with the factory sights. at 60 a pop its superbly pricey and i might just return them.. CA doesnt allow for scopes unfortunately :(

Where can you get the screws for the scope mount and what size are they?

Back