CZ-527 .22 Hornet..

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

big6x6

Reaction score
We'll I have the rifle all scoped up...I used the rings that came with the rifle that mount on the receiver. The Nikon Monarch 4-12X40AO fit perfectly and even had a little room to spare.

I bought a hundred of the Remington factory 45gr factory loads to have a baseline. I ordered .22 Hornet brass and Redding neck size/seating dies from Midsouth.. I really don't have the best powders IMO for the .22 Hornet. All I have really close is N-110 and 2400...which I'll USE if I don't find some Lil Gun or AA-1680. I have some 40gr V-Max/Blitz Kings/Starkes for bullets go I'm in good shape there. Probably start out with Winchester WSR primers although I may try a few with Winchester WSPs.

I took a couple of pics at Moms...Not the best but here you GO:

2007%20Range%20pics%20001.jpg

2007%20Range%20pics%20002.jpg

Chuck,

Wonderful walk around rifle. How is the trigger??? Did you check the barrel channel for any wood to barrel contact. Thid happens sometimes with the CZ rifles.

Greg

Looks great 6x6. Not much eye relief with that scope Chuck? You have it mounted pretty far back. That wont be an issue with a hornet. No recoil and pretty quiet compared to other 22cal centerfires. Those rings seem really high. Is that okay for you?

choc-dog said:
Chuck,

Wonderful walk around rifle. How is the trigger??? Did you check the barrel channel for any wood to barrel contact. Thid happens sometimes with the CZ rifles.

Greg

Trigger..The new single set trigger(SST)...AWESOME! Non-set mode-slight creep-3.75lbs...in SET mode-CRISP 1.25lbs! To set all you do is put foward on the trigger and it kind of "clicks." Love it!

As for stock/barrel contact...there seems to be some kind of "pressure point". I'm gonna shoot it first before I start sanding...

Not much eye relief with that scope Chuck?

Well it's actually pretty good. I think it looks that way because the rings are really pretty close together..short action..MUCH closer together than say a 10ML-II.

Those rings seem really high. Is that okay for you?

They sure are higher than I would LIKE. But they are of good quality and they came with it so I'm gonna try them for a while...

big6x6 said:
They sure are higher than I would LIKE. But they are of good quality and they came with it so I'm gonna try them for a while...

I mentioned that for a reason. They put high rings on my Prohunter. I notice when i pull up on target, i'm not on it. I need to lift my head. I'm not sure if i'm going to like that.

Latest posts

Back