DKG15 is a scammer

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have now had a chance to check IPs, email, and his account on another forum or two.
He is no longer a member here.
This could have been done earlier if the report a post/conversation had been used. By the original poster. Please use the report so we can do further checking if you have questions about someone new you are considering having a transaction with.

Thanks Boone

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm sorry I sound frustrated, it's just this could have been handled with a reported conversation/post without all the rest of this. I really encourage you to report those that are not acting right.

And remember, you are not required to answer anyone too new for your comfort, if you do not want to. It is up to you.

I'm sorry I sound frustrated, it's just this could have been handled with a reported conversation/post without all the rest of this. I really encourage you to report those that are not acting right.

And remember, you are not required to answer anyone too new for your comfort, if you do not want to. It is up to you.
Thank you, Boone! This site doesn't need to act like FB.

Thank you all for opening my old eyes to these despicable scum bags. To bad that people are this evil in todays world of plenty

Thank you all for opening my old eyes to these despicable scum bags. To bad that people are this evil in todays world of plenty…
It seems that even the smallest shreds of decency go increasingly unappreciated.

I think this is a good lesson and unfortunately, due to the world today, due diligence is critical. I had a similar experience with the same profile. I had posted a wanted/iso, not considering the targeting affect that would place on me. Soon thereafter, I received an offer, complete with pics and a really good price for what I was after. The next day, I read another account of scamming and rejection of Goody. I started assessing the likelihood of this offer being a scam. A review of the seller on our site, showed 26 messages, the majority welcoming new members with a few, brief responses to other posts. In furthering the conversation, I shared that I was concerned about conducting this sale in a way that protected both he and I and he sent me a copy of his Texas driver's license in good faith. Unfortunately, a thorough review of that suggests the photo is photoshopped (outline of photo), his driver's license is 12345678 and an analysis of his name, address, (which for that year license should be in blue writing, not black) suggests that the license is a fake. There are two Curtis Fawvor's who lived in Port Arthur, Tx., however, one is deceased at 97 years old and the other that has lived at the listed address, 5312 FM 365, Port Arthur, TX 77640 is 65 years old, not 62 as the license would indicate.
Here are my sources for review:
https://www.fastpeoplesearch.com/curtis-fawvor_id_G221307852649510363

Curtis Fawvor Obituary - Port Arthur, TX

I don't take likely that I am accusing someone without concrete evidence, but I felt there was enough smoke here to suggest fire. Additionally, if it is a scam, look how long the individual incubated amongst us. I only hope, he didn't scam others who were too embarrassed to alert.

Attachments​

A few people were hit by this guy around the same time. Google his name. I see one on the GLOCK forum and others who are posting about him. Get in touch with the Port Arthur PD and file with the FTC.

Back