For us front end shot loaders ! Yay!

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
BuckDoeHunter,
For sure I’ll be posting some of the loads I use.
I had the thought of making up some TSS loads available for purchase ( shot, TSS rated wad, buffer, OP& OSC ) of which I keep individually in a pharmaceutical twist top container.
Or just the components and let one measure and create.
My reasoning is due to the individual component costs and the variables.
The TSS shot of course is the biggest cost.

MML members thoughts ?

Spring 2022 Birds. 48 & 52 yds. Jakes.
Single PA. spring bird .
ALL TK’rs.

Attachments

• IMG_3676.jpeg
    IMG_3676.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_3675.jpeg
    IMG_3675.jpeg
    6 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_3760.jpeg
    IMG_3760.jpeg
    787.5 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Do you all eat your wild food? Do you have a good wild meat cookbook?
I was raised eating all kinds of wild game regularly.
I actually have my turkey from the fall season cooking right now. I'm making a huge pot of turkey soup with German Gnocchi dumplings in it. Theres enough meat left to make another dish out of.
I started a thread a while back called ( back in Ninerings Kitchen ) if I post pics of the turkey soup, it will be in there.

Boone, Indeed we do. My wife makes an absolutely great turkey burger. It's so good I pass on a beef burger. Hasn't made any with a wild bird yet though. That's up to me.
Going to grind up some breasts and give it a try.

At camp I've made wild turkey cutlets, tenderized , seasoned flour dredge and fried. W gravy on flat noodle. Plates were licked clean.

There's not much one can't do that calls for regular turkey.
One caveat.
Ours have no antibiotics. Open free range fed and organic. Could it be any better?:lewis:

Do you all eat your wild food? Do you have a good wild meat cookbook?

Wouldn't shoot an animal unless I was gonna eat it or if it was a danger to me or my loved ones.

For wild turkey, the breast is no different from chicken really, and the legs/thighs/back while having very tough meat make a VERY good stock or soup when you mostly strip the carcass and re-roast it in the oven and then simmer for a day or so...

Buddy of mine says the secret for the dark meat is to use a pressure cooker - didn't help. Great flavor, etc. but still so chewy even the dogs wouldn't eat the actual meat.

My first gobbler, almost last day of Spring 2023 season -

1709002499303.jpeg

Deboned breast and bone-in legs and breast bone and such, fixin' to hit the pressure cooker (we used the breast for from-scratch enchiladas based on a recipe we found for leftover turkey dinner a few years ago)

1709002613159.jpeg

And then about a hour and 30 minutes into opening day this Fall 2023 season

1709002652170.jpeg

BuckDoeHunter,
For sure I’ll be posting some of the loads I use.
I had the thought of making up some TSS loads available for purchase ( shot, TSS rated wad, buffer, OP& OSC ) of which I keep individually in a pharmaceutical twist top container.
Or just the components and let one measure and create.
My reasoning is due to the individual component costs and the variables.
The TSS shot of course is the biggest cost.

MML members thoughts ?
Great ideer for the novice to “plug & play “ with their new BP shotgun -safely.

I intended to get these posted yesterday, but never got around to doin it.
These are the first test session with the new TK
The first pic has the info on it at the top. It was the first shot out of the new gun.
Pic 2 is at 40yds shots & me adjusting the new red dot down - a whole lot.
Pic 3 is 45yds but it’s had numerous shots at closer ranges on it. The new stick on got placed there for 45yds. No pellets in it, but many just below it. Still more work to do. But not a bad first outing with the new gun.

Attachments

• IMG_0815.jpeg
    IMG_0815.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0818.jpeg
    IMG_0818.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0819.jpeg
    IMG_0819.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
Good deal. Right shoulder or left? :elmer:
I might suggest using a sharpie to mark the pellets.
Helps telling the story and easier to count.

I'm tapping foot,,,,,tapping tapping.
Bored Cabin Fever GIF

Waiting to see the #9 TSS pattern.

Good deal. Right shoulder or left? :elmer:
I might suggest using a sharpie to mark the pellets.
Helps telling the story and easier to count.

I'm tapping foot,,,,,tapping tapping.
Bored Cabin Fever GIF

Waiting to see the #9 TSS pattern.
Right shoulder.
I did mark pellet holes with a sharpie in the previous stick-ons. These 3 targets were the last shots on them, so no need to mark pellet holes.
I promise to post target pics with your pre pkgd loads when I test with them. I am looking forward to those results as well. I’ve never used TSS before.

Right shoulder.
I did mark pellet holes with a sharpie in the previous stick-ons. These 3 targets were the last shots on them, so no need to mark pellet holes.
I promise to post target pics with your pre pkgd loads when I test with them. I am looking forward to those results as well. I’ve never used TSS before.
You will never look back after using TSS but your wallet will feel much lighter!

Latest posts

Back