DKG15 is a scammer

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oooops, meant to say wif-ER. Can't forget the ER. They love to be called wifer. It originated with Adam and Eve, after the whole rib and apple thing. Once completion of the original sins were done, Eve could be heard from that moment on asking Wifer you do that, wifer you do this, wifer you can't pickup after yourself (that one's near and dear to me)...

I think this is a good lesson and unfortunately, due to the world today, due diligence is critical. I had a similar experience with the same profile. I had posted a wanted/iso, not considering the targeting affect that would place on me. Soon thereafter, I received an offer, complete with pics and a really good price for what I was after. The next day, I read another account of scamming and rejection of Goody. I started assessing the likelihood of this offer being a scam. A review of the seller on our site, showed 26 messages, the majority welcoming new members with a few, brief responses to other posts. In furthering the conversation, I shared that I was concerned about conducting this sale in a way that protected both he and I and he sent me a copy of his Texas driver's license in good faith. Unfortunately, a thorough review of that suggests the photo is photoshopped (outline of photo), his driver's license is 12345678 and an analysis of his name, address, (which for that year license should be in blue writing, not black) suggests that the license is a fake. There are two Curtis Fawvor's who lived in Port Arthur, Tx., however, one is deceased at 97 years old and the other that has lived at the listed address, 5312 FM 365, Port Arthur, TX 77640 is 65 years old, not 62 as the license would indicate.
Here are my sources for review:
https://www.fastpeoplesearch.com/curtis-fawvor_id_G221307852649510363

Curtis Fawvor Obituary - Port Arthur, TX

I don't take likely that I am accusing someone without concrete evidence, but I felt there was enough smoke here to suggest fire. Additionally, if it is a scam, look how long the individual incubated amongst us. I only hope, he didn't scam others who were too embarrassed to alert.

Attachments​

Oooops, meant to say wif-ER. Can't forget the ER. They love to be called wifer. It originated with Adam and Eve, after the whole rib and apple thing. Once completion of the original sins were done, Eve could be heard from that moment on asking Wifer you do that, wifer you do this, wifer you can't pickup after yourself (that one's near and dear to me)...

Hey now. I didn't react to his very rude assumption of me being his brother. But you calling me of all things a Wifer! Them be fighting words.
Angry Bob Barker GIF

Hope you learned your lesson. Lol 😆

Hey now. I didn't react to his very rude assumption of me being his brother. But you calling me of all things a Wifer! Them be fighting words.
Angry Bob Barker GIF

Hope you learned your lesson. Lol 😆
Man this old dude is so fast I can`t tell if it`s a jab or a hook! But I wouldn`t want to get hit with either of them!

I think this is a good lesson and unfortunately, due to the world today, due diligence is critical. I had a similar experience with the same profile. I had posted a wanted/iso, not considering the targeting affect that would place on me. Soon thereafter, I received an offer, complete with pics and a really good price for what I was after. The next day, I read another account of scamming and rejection of Goody. I started assessing the likelihood of this offer being a scam. A review of the seller on our site, showed 26 messages, the majority welcoming new members with a few, brief responses to other posts. In furthering the conversation, I shared that I was concerned about conducting this sale in a way that protected both he and I and he sent me a copy of his Texas driver's license in good faith. Unfortunately, a thorough review of that suggests the photo is photoshopped (outline of photo), his driver's license is 12345678 and an analysis of his name, address, (which for that year license should be in blue writing, not black) suggests that the license is a fake. There are two Curtis Fawvor's who lived in Port Arthur, Tx., however, one is deceased at 97 years old and the other that has lived at the listed address, 5312 FM 365, Port Arthur, TX 77640 is 65 years old, not 62 as the license would indicate.
Here are my sources for review:
https://www.fastpeoplesearch.com/curtis-fawvor_id_G221307852649510363

Curtis Fawvor Obituary - Port Arthur, TX

I don't take likely that I am accusing someone without concrete evidence, but I felt there was enough smoke here to suggest fire. Additionally, if it is a scam, look how long the individual incubated amongst us. I only hope, he didn't scam others who were too embarrassed to alert.

Attachments​

Was any of the transactions done through the USPS? This does read as if there was a sale happening, but it did not complete.

I have a question.
Did anyone send any money to buy from this accused scammer?
Did anyone not get a product that was actually purchased?
Did anyone else try to purchase something from him?

Admins ban him

This should have been brought up to the mods and I. This is not a way to get anything productive done. Sounds a lot like "lynch him" and I'll tell you why later.
We don't want scammers, but we don't want someone accused like this. In private the mods and I could have checked it out more. There was not a reported post about that conversation in the PMs, and the last comment on that did nothing to resolve the situation or report it for the admin team to check it out.
And I did not get a PM about this either until yesterday.

From now on - please report the conversation or post if you believe someone to be a scammer. Then these types of posts will not be necessary, and the real scammers can be banned.

I have now had a chance to check IPs, email, and his account on another forum or two.
He is no longer a member here.
This could have been done earlier if the report a post/conversation had been used. By the original poster. Please use the report so we can do further checking if you have questions about someone new you are considering having a transaction with.

Last edited:
Back