Dream gun

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So I had an idea slow work day what's everyones dream gun I know this is a muzzleloader forum but mine is not a muzzleloader I want a punt gun they where used extensively on the bay for birds I think I'd be cool to have

Attachments

• puntgun_header-fb.jpg
    puntgun_header-fb.jpg
    176.3 KB · Views: 0
I think that the southern border states should have some of these animals mounted on concrete turrets and pointed at the wall where the "real" southerners like to slip thru. Maybe run some squib loads thru them ever 15 minutes as a reminder.

Theres a guy at the Tuckerton decoy show every year that demos one. He made his out of schedule (40 or 80?) steel pipe. When I was a kid, I knew some old market gunners who had them, usually mounted in a punt boat or layout skiff. They were all full of stories, but the whole bunch of them loved to tease, to to this day I cant really say how much is true. (I was young then too, but still never fell for the "snipe in a burlap bag gag" a traditional local favorite)

Last edited:
Theres a guy at the Tuckerton decoy show every year that demos one. He made his out of schedule (40 or 80?) steel pipe. When I was a kid, I knew some old market gunners who had them, usually mounted in a punt boat or layout skiff. They were all full of stories, but the whole bunch of them loved to tease, to to this day I cant really say how much is true. (I was young then too, but still never fell for the "snipe in a burlap bag gag" a traditional local favorite)
Snipe in a bag was real and our border is secure for sure!/Ed

Latest posts

Back