Drones

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I think this is a serious issue. On You Tube I see many videos of deer hunters using drones to find deer. You can even use thermal image drones to find deer. Is this going to far? Membership thoughts?

seems a bit unfair to me. I think some states already don't allow drones for locating game to hunt. I would use it to find a deer i had shot and couldn't find. But i wouldnt feel good about using it to target animals.

In Texas, you must have a permit from Texas Parks & Wildlife to photograph, track, search for wounded animals using any type of aircraft; unmanned aircraft - DRONE. You cannot spot game animals.

The kids have ruined a great technology.

I’m all for the use of drones to find lost or wounded deer, because it’s much less invasive than having a tracking dog and handler trampling through your property.

I get a call at least once a year from the folks that hunt around my place in OK seeking permission to trespass to find a wounded deer, and I always say yes in an effort to be a good neighbor. It still aggravates me that they set up their stands right on my property line and then act surprised when wounded deer travel back on to my place.

We have a ‘neighbor’ who shows up on our game cameras more than any other animals. Been warned off dozens of times, sets up on the property line, cries that we “dont need all that property”, but will not let us track deer onto his land. We even offered to let him buy into the lease. He declined. I may get a drone and buzz his blinds next opening days.

Back