Drones

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We have a ‘neighbor’ who shows up on our game cameras more than any other animals. Been warned off dozens of times, sets up on the property line, cries that we “dont need all that property”, but will not let us track deer onto his land. We even offered to let him buy into the lease. He declined. I may get a drone and buzz his blinds next opening days.
If a trespasser shows up on my game cameras, the pictures gets texted to the game warden, and he gets to handle it. If I have to handle it, it’s probably not going to end well.

I think this is a serious issue. On You Tube I see many videos of deer hunters using drones to find deer. You can even use thermal image drones to find deer. Is this going to far? Membership thoughts?
The current "viral YouTube" is about using drones for deer recovery. There is a pretty interesting thread on All Things Habitat about this issue. From a landowner perspective, I don't like the thought of someone using the fly space to observe deer (dead/dying/alive) on my property without permission. It may be legal, but it sure seems possible to mistake a drone for a crow.

Anything that gives hunters real time information can be abused, including cellular game cameras. I love cell game cams but I won’t be surprised if more states ban them during the season. New Hampshire has some sort of limits on them already.

should be illegal to use drones for any type of hunting or anything to do with it recovery etc, walking/tracking a shot deer on your property is part of hunting drones are not... People are just getting lazy, if you dont want to have to look for your deer on foot then my personal opinion is you should stay home and play video games, this includes using thermals to look for wounded animals.. thats what tracking dogs are bred/trained for.. all I have to say on it hunting doesnt need to be anymore hi tech.

Anything that gives hunters real time information can be abused, including cellular game cameras. I love cell game cams but I won’t be surprised if more states ban them during the season. New Hampshire has some sort of limits on them already.
Nevada and Arizona already have a ban on game cams for hunting purposes, and Kansas, Montana, New Hampshire, Utah, and Alaska have banned cell cams for hunting purposes. However, on private land I don’t see any way that it’s enforceable.
I’ll say publicly and definitively that if Texas and/or Oklahoma ban them I will become an outlaw, because I get almost as much enjoyment out of running cameras as I do actually hunting.

If a trespasser shows up on my game cameras, the pictures gets texted to the game warden, and he gets to handle it. If I have to handle it, it’s probably not going to end well.
Confronting a trespasser might not be a great idea. Someone with a weapon in their hands? Something that should be dealt with by law enforcement. A number of years a go hunters near Hayward Wisconsin confronted a trespasser. The trespasser shot and killed a number of them. Be safe.

Drones for hunting are Illegal in NH. I have thermal in its not really any help for game location nor recovery during hunting. Successful hunting requires time in field and understanding the area and current conditions/food.

Game recovery comes down to attention to detail, skill, and hard work. I am for using state regulated nonpaid tracking dogs and handlers.

I would really like cellular game camera outlawed in NH during hunting season or at least outlawed on public land. IMHO cell cameras are outside the bounds of fair chase in that same way drones are outside the bounds of fair chase.

NH does allow cell game cameras, but you are not allowed to take that game 24 hours after the picture was taken.... Stupid law that is unenforceable...

Back