Encore/Omega Breech plug

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have 2 Encores, a .45 and a .50 and although both have decent BPs I know sooner or later I'm going to need new ones or modify mine to take a vent liner. I was looking online today and none can be had anywhere! I guess once the flash holes get too bit I'm either going to have to get and after market one with vent liners or do my own. I discussed this with other members and it doesn't seem all that difficult. Now that I can't find a new one I do have an Encore breech thread clean out plug that looks just like a BP so maybe I'll practice on that.

This guy on eBay has sold a ton of aftermarket OEM-style. He shows out of stock at the moment but I’ll bet he makes more before long. I’d keep checking.

View attachment 39310

As for the best plug you can buy (I’ll say it again) get a Woodman adjustable…
Just got my hands on one of these today..very good quality from what I can see for the price

The aftermarket eBay plug? Yes, indistinguishable from the OEM plugs. I’ve got a couple as spares.
Yep..
I suppose I should have said that since you mentioned marks plug as well..Wich I hear as fantastic and great quality as well

I bought a couple off of eBay. Would absolutely buy more from the guy.

I agree, I think aftermarket plug with a vent liner would be the way to go.

Last edited:
This guy on eBay has sold a ton of aftermarket OEM-style. He shows out of stock at the moment but I’ll bet he makes more before long. I’d keep checking.

View attachment 39310

As for the best plug you can buy (I’ll say it again) get a Woodman adjustable…
This is great advice. The Woodman adjustable is more money but the headspace can be set perfect and if I'm not mistaken Mark uses a tungsten bushing (can someone confirm?) which will last a very, very long time.

I have both styles of BP's (tungsten and ventliner) and the tungsten set in an adjustable BP is the perfect set up in my opinion.

I have a couple that I was going to throw away the other day. Glad I didn’t. They are the old style without recess for the powder.
Those older flush plugs are ideal for modifying to take a bushing. The plugs with the dish are almost perfect for putting a ventliner in. Never throw away an old breech plug.

Latest posts

Back