Encore breech plug

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I am looking for an additional breech plug like IMG-1775.jpg.
It's from an early production Encore.

IMG-1774.jpg will not work, as you can see the difference between the two in IMG-1773.jpeg

Anyone who can advise would be greatly appreciated, including options on keeping the barrel, selling the barrel and receiver.
I am inclined to keep this gun since I also have a .300 Win Barrel, scope and forearm.

Ebay, EAbrown and other Encore parts sites have not had a plug which would work.

THX Bob

Attachments

• IMG-1775.jpg
    IMG-1775.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 1
  • IMG-1774.jpg
    IMG-1774.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 1
  • IMG-1773.jpg
    IMG-1773.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 1
The short front edge is not what is keeping the new plug from threading into your barrel. It is the wrong plug for your rifle. The container say it has a triple lead thread. Your barrel doesn't. The triple lead thread is for the Impact rifle.

The plug linked does not have a triple lead thread; it will fit your rifle.

The short front edge is not what is keeping the new plug from threading into your barrel. It is the wrong plug for your rifle. The container say it has a triple lead thread. Your barrel doesn't. The triple lead thread is for the Impact rifle.

Good eye.

Next time I hit a small local sports shop, I'll look. They have an exceptional amount of TC breech plugs. Model # ????
Encore, early production, the thread starts at approximately 1/8 from the end of the plug and runs for 3/4 of an inch. I have had no luck finding any and fortunately it would be a spare. 15,000 serial number Encore, 209 x 50, purchased about 1993.

Thanks for your help. Bob

Encore, early production, the thread starts at approximately 1/8 from the end of the plug and runs for 3/4 of an inch. I have had no luck finding any and fortunately it would be a spare. 15,000 serial number Encore, 209 x 50, purchased about 1993.

Somewhere here on the site, I posted a photo of the breech plugs on the rack. It might be something related to Michigan guys. Can't remember. But they have all kinds of different breech plugs. Unfortunately, the wife and I rode the Slingshot over there today to the Dairy Queen and I drove right by. Such is life. I'll be happy to check for you next time I'm that way.

Ron is Correct, his link is for the TC Part # 7763, yours Pictured is for the TC Impact Rifle

Wife and I decided to take a ride in the Slingshot, and because we can't ride east (Lake Huron), we'll be riding back by the sports shop. I saved and enlarged the photo above showing the proper plug on the left and improper on the right. I took a photo of that with my phone so I can compare.
If they have one, I'll let you know and what its price is via PM. If you want it, I'll pick it up and send it to you. When you receive it and its the correct one, you can send me the cost of the plug. Good?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back