FedEx Photo ID

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sounds like paradise to me!
I feel very lucky. I'm at the tip of a 6-acre peninsula on the river with 1/4 mile of totally natural shoreline - heavy overgrowth - so there's no easy access from the water. The one lane dirt road coming into the property is gated, and the nearest "neighbors" (I don't even know their last names) are in some campers and trailers across the river and in a different county. No one lives there year-round.

Because I don't hunt on these 6 acres, one half to a dozen or more deer graze in the yard most evenings. They will even go under the front porch to pick up pears that fall off the trees. During winter they will bed down at night among the huge hardwoods all around the cabin. They know my chained watch dogs and TK2000's keep predators away.

Coons, opossum, fox, beaver, egrets, cranes, kingfishers, bald eagles and waterfowl of all kinds are constant visitors. An entire flock of vultures roost 70'-100' up on either side the 1/8-mile driveway, because no vehicles ever pass there at night.

Thanks for listening to my ramble, and thanks even more for all the info, ideas and great advice on deliveries.

Actually, I think that shippers SHOULD require a signature to deliver. What with all this porch pirate crap that has been a plague in recent years, in spite of the cameras, if noone is there to immediately take the package the camera does little ....gone is gone.... even if someone is identified.
Yeah it's starting to get bad everywhere with fools stealing packages

I had a gun delivered by UPS .I was home and could see the truck pull up so I went to the door to sign for it the driver brought the gun to the door and when I opened the door he looked surprised and said I hope you don't mind but I signed your name . Hell yes I mind and he don't deliver here anymore
Happened to me once at home and all the time, nearly every day at work. Coworkers constantly come to me complaining I signed for their package but didn't handle it per company procedure.

Happened to me once at home and all the time, nearly every day at work. Coworkers constantly come to me complaining I signed for their package but didn't handle it per company procedure.
I dont like complaining about our UPS drivers but when youre having repeat problems with one, you have to complain to Brown about them. It will stop.

I dont like complaining about our UPS drivers but when youre having repeat problems with one, you have to complain to Brown about them. It will stop.
I've been out on disability. The driver can't say I signed for it without some grief. For about a year, when we first started the company, I was just about the only person ordering materials and receiving everything.

I had a gun delivered by UPS .I was home and could see the truck pull up so I went to the door to sign for it the driver brought the gun to the door and when I opened the door he looked surprised and said I hope you don't mind but I signed your name . Hell yes I mind and he don't deliver here anymore
I just had that happen a cpl wks ago when I got the new scope for my Accura. It came vis UPS & a signature REQUIRED was paid for by the shipper. The driver dropped it off at the door without ever knocking or ringing the bell to try to get it signed for. I didn't catch him before he was back in the truck & pulling out of the property. Soooo I was rather perturbed at this & I called UPS about it. I what happened to the signature required delivery for my pkg today? They told me that is had been signed for. I said Oh really, and who exactly signed for it? They gave me my name. I told them I'm that person & I did not sign for anything, no one else at this house did either, that I saw the driver drop it off & never even attempt to get it signed. They said that was normal & allowed for them to do. I was at a loss for words.... at least ones that I can repeat here. I called the shipper too to let them know about this BS. They were aware of that practice too & said " what are ya gonna do about it really ". Again, I was flabbergasted.

Guys has any of you tried to order BP, swiss is hard to get where I live so I searched an found a decent deal did the pre order got to checkout, had a form to fill out fax back copy of Dl had to be included? Needless to say I didn't order.

Guys has any of you tried to order BP, swiss is hard to get where I live so I searched an found a decent deal did the pre order got to checkout, had a form to fill out fax back copy of Dl had to be included? Needless to say I didn't order.
I ordered n received 6 lbs of Graf 3 f blk. in last 60 days but no DL involved.

I know some don't I just wondering if it was just that one place or more, may been scam, I know it's just getting harder to get stuff, Thanks smokepolehall

It's like CatamountRob said and because time is money and they are made to hurry as much as possible to be sure they empty the truck by the end of day. But it's a good way for something to go wrong for sure, and if you pay for this service as a precautionary measure and I have then the caution is defeated and there lies all that money spent maybe in the wrong hands!

I guess it depends on the delivery guy. I had several orders delivered over several months time requiring a signature but only one asked me for a picture ID. I really don’t care as it insures who is receiving the package.

anybody that thinks the government doesn't know EVERYTHING we buy with our cards is living in a dream world . it's been that way for a long time . and i dang sure ain't lettin g a delivery person take a pic of my DL !
Oh... no. You're mistaken. Uncle Sam assures me that he deletes my info once I pass the FFL. Uncle Sam is with the government. You can trust him.

Latest posts

Back