Finished draw filing/stock work on Investarms/Lyman (54)

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eekjellander

Reaction score
I like the wood after the factory finish got replaced with a true oil (600 grit) and reblued . Auction find (thanks Snap bang ) barrel was rough outside but really nice where it counts (inside) replaced ram rod and installed Williams sights as rear was missing and the factory front never works for me . Later today going to the range and see how it shoots RB and Lyman plains (1-48 twist)

Attachments

• IMG_0295[1].JPG
    IMG_0295[1].JPG
    48.8 KB · Views: 52
  • IMG_0296[1].JPG
    IMG_0296[1].JPG
    49.3 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG_0297[1].JPG
    IMG_0297[1].JPG
    48.8 KB · Views: 55
  • IMG_0298[1].JPG
    IMG_0298[1].JPG
    43.1 KB · Views: 51
Looks fine! If it shoots half as good as it looks you did well! I’ll bet 80gr does the trick

Well done Ed. Glad to be of help. After your done shooting it are you keeping it or selling it?
Going this afternoon ,after it gets cleaned up I intend to list it . I just dont know this or the traditional site ?

Looks fine! If it shoots half as good as it looks you did well! I’ll bet 80gr does the trick
I did 70 gr volume of OE 2f and shot exactly 5 490 RB and freezing rain made me not wanting for more , and left my screw driver set home (always something left ) good thing 200 yds to house from the short range and by UTV too. Anyway in nicer weather I could get used to those open Williams sights ,but why bother it's not staying

Attachments

• IMG_0300[1].JPG
    IMG_0300[1].JPG
    25.3 KB · Views: 6
I did 70 gr volume of OE 2f and shot exactly 5 490 RB and freezing rain made me not wanting for more , and left my screw driver set home (always something left ) good thing 200 yds to house from the short range and by UTV too. Anyway in nicer weather I could get used to those open Williams sights ,but why bother it's not staying

I’d be tempted to keep that one

Latest posts

Back