First fish of the year for RAF

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rifleman

Reaction score
Little White bass but better then a skunk in the cooler!
100_0592.jpg

LOL :D . Now you're one up on me :wink: . You know what they say, size doesn't matter :wink: :wink: If you keep up that pace you'll be so far ahead of me, when our water opens up, that I'll never catch you :D . Anyway, a fish is a fish, right.

Raf yesterday was our first fishing day of the Indiana Striped Bass Assocaition. We had 6 boats on the water and about 15 guys total show up for the early day. Rainy and cold in the morning, muddy and high water to contend with as well. No one caught any stripers, and only one other boat even caught a whitey. But you know what we still had a great time. All of us had VHF radios on board and it was nice chatting back and forth while enjoying being on the water for an early spring day.
The fillets from the 2 whiteys I caught were enjoyed last night after being removed from the broiler. Sure was better then the store bought Tilapia the wife bought to go with it.

Two things here. Fishing is better than not fishing. Yup it's fun.
Secondly it's called fishing, not catching :wink:

Holy crap Dwight you look really OLD! Poor bugger probably bit yer hook out of sympathy.

Back