First fish

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JD

Reaction score
Took my 4 year old girl fishing this evening. What an experience.

It was her 1st time fishing. She caught 1 bluegill and 1 crappie. We probably could've done better if i could've got her to sit still for a minute. We had a great time I can only hope that she'll want to go again, but if not I'll deffinetly never forget today. :D :D

Congratulation JD. Awesome feeling isn't it. The first time I took my son fishing we went to a local pond for some bluegill action. I took my eyes off of him for one minute and he was eating the nightcrawlers. He was two and my wife was pissed. I wish I had a pictue of him with a mouthfull of worm and dirt!!!!

VENISONEATR said:
Congratulation JD. Awesome feeling isn't it. The first time I took my son fishing we went to a local pond for some bluegill action. I took my eyes off of him for one minute and he was eating the nightcrawlers. He was two and my wife was pissed. I wish I had a pictue of him with a mouthfull of worm and dirt!!!!

It is an awesome feeling. I hope there more to come. :)

:D JD, congrats to ur Daughter on her first fish!! If you have a camcorder etc be sure to capture some of those fishin trips.

I have a pair of girls and they were good to go fishin up till bout 12-14. I took them to a trout farm a few times when other fishin was slow and took videos etc. Man, I love watchem them old movies/ tapes. Never could getem huntin though. Now theyre 22 & 18. They just eat Dad's fish now (when they are home :lol: ).

Thanks Loggy

I should of videoed it , but atleast I got pictures. :D

JD, what a day!!! Brings back memories of my twins at 4 and daughter at 5 when I took them. At this age they dont need quality fish just constant action. Try to remember to keep the fishing trip fun for her as soon as she starts tiring of fishing continue the outing doing something else. They then will associate fishing with fun, forever.
P.s. Dont ever bring cane poles for three kids to fish with. They got more enjoyment I think of swinging the bait around their heads and tangling rigs with each other. Airborne minnows. What a mess!

My son who is now 22 is a die hard fisherman and hunter, I did what peteo suggested and that was just try to keep it fun. Too bad he lives so far away now as he is by far the best deer hunting partner I have ever had.

Really cool Jon! I took your advise and Al and I went over last night. Had a good time.. got some nice pics.

I'll post my story soon.

Even though my wife does not fish now she still talks fondly about fishing with her family over 45 years ago. They are good times.

Doohan said:
Really cool Jon! I took your advise and Al and I went over last night. Had a good time.. got some nice pics.

I'll post my story soon.

That's great I bet Al just had a great time out there. :D

Back