First fishing of the year.

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RAF

Reaction score
Finally got out fishing. Weather here at the cabin is lousy. Cool, overcast, light rain. Fortunely the wind isn't blowing. Yesterday afternoon put the boat in the water and off we went. Half way to our spot we planned to try realized that I forgot one thing. The remote foot control for the bow mount so boat control was going to be a problem :x . Oh well, decided to use the anchor and just jig over the side. Didn't take a big assortment of rods either, just the basics. Used 1/4 oz jigs tiped with a leech. I got 3 walleye and a pike in short order. We were getting wet in the drizzle and thought we should head in but my wife wanted to stay a little longer as she hadn't had a bite yet and wanted to catch at least one. So we toughed it out. Well, she got into the fish and in short order she had 5, her limit. I managed one more. Once again she out fished me :? . We didn't eat any yet because she already had a couple of steak ready to BBQ. She quickly phoned home to tell the kids and invite time for a fish fry. They'll be over tonight when we get home.

:D Good first trip there RAF! Got some fish too....icing on the cake.

I was gonna teach my Mrs. how to fish.....glad i didnt! :lol:

Congrats Raf, having a fishing wife is ok, as mine learned how to back up the boat to the ramp! Now thats handy. :D

Good fishing with the wife .While my wife was alive she only went fishing with me about 4 times,I had a ball every time.
:D

Back