First muzzleloader buck

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mufasa

Reaction score
New to the game, and being "old school" in most everything enjoy the traditional/primitive angle and good old fashioned hunting at close range. Got this guy last week, last day of the season with my 45 cal Underhammer running a 275 grain soft cast LFN over 92 grains of 777. One shot through the shoulders at 88 yds and he never moved 👍. Got my other tag filled in Nov with an original 1881 Marlin in 40-60 at about the same range running 260 grain cast over 3031, freezer now full!2022 Underhammer buck.JPGUnderhammer at the stand.JPG2022 rifle buck with 1881 Marlin.JPG

New to the game, and being "old school" in most everything enjoy the traditional/primitive angle and good old fashioned hunting at close range. Got this guy last week, last day of the season with my 45 cal Underhammer running a 275 grain soft cast LFN over 92 grains of 777. One shot through the shoulders at 88 yds and he never moved 👍. Got my other tag filled in Nov with an original 1881 Marlin in 40-60 at about the same range running 260 grain cast over 3031, freezer now full!View attachment 29774View attachment 29775View attachment 29776
Great screen savers! Nice rifles too. Congrats!

p.s. Always liked Marlins.

Wow! Congrats on both critters. Very nice deer!

That is the way to do it! Beautiful bucks and I like both rifles. I have an old .45 underhammer I ordered around 57 years ago. My longest shot with the underhammer was a doe at a paced distance of 75 yards. The load was a .440" ball over 65 grains of 3F black.

New to the game, and being "old school" in most everything enjoy the traditional/primitive angle and good old fashioned hunting at close range. Got this guy last week, last day of the season with my 45 cal Underhammer running a 275 grain soft cast LFN over 92 grains of 777. One shot through the shoulders at 88 yds and he never moved 👍. Got my other tag filled in Nov with an original 1881 Marlin in 40-60 at about the same range running 260 grain cast over 3031, freezer now full!View attachment 29774View attachment 29775View attachment 29776
Congrats, nice bucks, nice rifles. I'm a .40 cal fan too & think the underhammers are just cool. Thanks for the pics

Latest posts

Back