Fury 50 Caliber 320 Grain Star Tip MZ

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
G_0144.jpg

This bullet fits a 50 caliber rifle without a sabot; needs to be sized for the barrel. Both our boy, and myself have killed deer with the 275 grain version of this bullet. The 275g bullet destroyed two bottles when captured; leaving four bottles undamaged. Results Here. Was curious whether the 320g version was a more stout bullet, like more of an elk bullet or some such. Both bullet are easy to size to fit down the barrel, and stay sized.

befobottles.jpg

The bottles are out 25 yard from the rifle muzzle. The powder charge is 80 grain Blackhorn.

G_0147.jpg

CAPTURE VIDEO

The bullet went through the carpet, plywood, every bottle (six), and bounced off the stack of magazines into the tall grass about three feet to the side, and three feet in front of the horse. The bullet veered to the side, because the expansion was uneven.

G_0152.jpg

G_0151.jpg

G_0153.jpg

This 320g bullet is definitely stronger than the 275g bullet; we won't use it on deer, but we sure would use it for elk.

Sad…with an 80grV load at that distance.
Thanks

Sad…with an 80grV load at that distance.
Thanks
I have to disagree. Do not count these tests as gospel. I've been saying it for years.
Bullets react differently on game.
The identical bullet......... This buck never even knew that it had existed. DRT before its feet buckled underneath it.
No pass through...

IMG_1455.JPG

IMG_1464.JPG

Latest posts

Back