Fusion Ammunition

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RAF

Reaction score
Has anyone tried this and if so, how did you like it. I plan to hand load for and I bought a box to use to sightin, or at least get my new rifle on paper. Says on box it's made by Federal.

Never took an animal with it. Shot accurately out of a Ruger M77 .270. By accurately I mean .5@100yds from bench. Only load I tried in this rifle since I purchased the Fusion on sale.

Greg F.

The most accurate factory ammo I have shot out of my .270. I ended up taking a whitetail from stand, distance was only 50 yds, bullet did not exit and I did not find it, broke shoulder going in, deer went 20 yds. I would recommend this bullet from my brief time using it.

I have not shot it but there was an article in the most recent Guns and Ammo that gave favorable comments on the bullets.

Waiting to get my hands on some 12ga Fusion sabots slugs.....Should perform similar to the Hornady SST's however consistent accuracy may be better... :think:

JC,,,,I take it you didn't like the SSTs?? What would you suggest for my Savage 210 / 12ga.? 2.75 or 3" ?? Picked it up on a deal a couple months back,,and haven't shot it yet.

Batchief909 said:
JC,,,,I take it you didn't like the SSTs?? What would you suggest for my Savage 210 / 12ga.? 2.75 or 3" ?? Picked it up on a deal a couple months back,,and haven't shot it yet.

Batch,

SST's are decent, they are just somewhat inconsistent....

As far as the Savage 210 goes, I have found the Remington Core Lokt Ultra's to the absolute best combination of accuracy, power and trajectory in my 210. (The only combination I have had better performance with was Winchester Partitions in my 20ga Tar-Hunt, hardly a fair comparison... :wink: )

My second choice for the Savage 210 would be the Winchester Partitions....

JC

You had to rub the Tar Hunt thing in,,didn't you.... :lol: :wink: (beautiful gun)

I've heard the same reports from other folks using the SSTs. Either they performed great,,or they failed miserably. I'll give the UCLs and Partitions a whirl. Thank you!

My hunting buddy reports it as the most accurate factory 7 mm Mag load he has tried with the 175 gr bullet (his fave elk load) from his Ruger M77.

jim

Latest posts

Back