GM LRH 50 and no excusses

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I've been putting a project rifle together over the summer and now it is ready for some shooting. The gun is a lyman deer stalker stock and action with a GM LRH barrel with a lyman 57 peep sight with a 1/16 marbles ivory front site. I've been testing with some sabot/bullet combos with promising results so far. I would like some suggestions on loads using the 460grn no excusses with this barrel. A friend gave me a dozen to try. Just curious what others with this barrel have tried with success. Thanks. On a side note..the guy I got them from says he is shooting them from his Austin and Hallek inline witha charge of 120grns of ffg qoex bp. This seems like a robust load!

Harleysboss said:
I've been putting a project rifle together over the summer and now it is ready for some shooting. The gun is a lyman deer stalker stock and action with a GM LRH barrel with a lyman 57 peep sight with a 1/16 marbles ivory front site. I've been testing with some sabot/bullet combos with promising results so far. I would like some suggestions on loads using the 460grn no excusses with this barrel. A friend gave me a dozen to try. Just curious what others with this barrel have tried with success. Thanks. On a side note..the guy I got them from says he is shooting them from his Austin and Hallek inline witha charge of 120grns of ffg qoex bp. This seems like a robust load!

Personally I shoot those bullets from an LRH with 90 grains T7-3f, but most sain people shoot them with a suggested load of 70 grains. Shooting them to fast and to hard can induce leading in the bore....

Latest posts

Back