gonna need a bigger pier....

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

anonymouscowherd

Reaction score
Left @Ninering62 at home since he had to get the lawn mowed and went fishing again....

Got a net full of mud minnows right off, so off to a good start.

Unfortunately, only got a few larger catfish for the first hour or so....

Then the sharks started coming.... Landed four, missed two, a guy and his autistic son fishing there with me got 3 or 4 ...

May have to leave Ninering62 home more often.... :)

IMG_0464.jpg

IMG_0465.jpg
IMG_0466.jpg

IMG_0467.jpg

Left @Ninering62 at home since he had to get the lawn mowed and went fishing again....

Got a net full of mud minnows right off, so off to a good start.

Unfortunately, only got a few larger catfish for the first hour or so....

Then the sharks started coming.... Landed four, missed two, a guy and his autistic son fishing there with me got 3 or 4 ...

May have to leave Ninering62 home more often.... :)

View attachment 35800

View attachment 35801
View attachment 35802

View attachment 35803
Shark week again huh, awesome bro. It really sucked not going with you this morn, but now we can shoot here tomorrow not that some chores are done & a good start on the grass was made today. I'm glad that you tore them up today.

Wrap that in aluminum foil and grill it for a half hour. That's good eatin!!
Reeeeally? I don't know anything about any regulations on keeping those small sharks, or if theres a size limit on them? I'm sure A/C knows. I've tried a few kinds of sharks from broiled, fried to grilled & none of them tasted very good. All had an ammonia kinda small & taste to them. I heard so much about how good Mako was......NOPE! Horrible!
I'd still cook one of them up to try if it were legal to keep. They could be very good.

Got out again today, got some blue crabs and fresh mullet for bait in the cast net, got another spinner shark. Then got drenched by a massive storm that popped up....

At least I have some good bait in the freezer for our next trip

Latest posts

Back