Got the Woodsrunner finished today

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I might add that i put 4 coats of Tung oil on also. Never use that oil before but it will not be the last time either as it really worked awesome. I used a set of dividers and a tape measure for length of pins, and a dremal tool for a lot of things instead of filing, just worked better. It was a really neat project and the result was a super hunting rifle that did not break the bank.

I might add that i put 4 coats of Tung oil on also. Never use that oil before but it will not be the last time either as it really worked awesome. I used a set of dividers and a tape measure for length of pins, and a dremal tool for a lot of things instead of filing, just worked better. It was a really neat project and the result was a super hunting rifle that did not break the bank.
How much cast is in the stock for you RH people ? I am looking but i am a south paw. I can overcome 1/8-3/16" cast. If it's more towards the 1/4" too much for me

Got some range time in today with the woodsrunner. Been a long time , 35 years since i had owned one. You really got to concentrate or you will miss.. i was on par with my compound bow that is about good as i can get so far. I was shooting 35 yards off the bench, and 70 grains of holy black FFF by volume. IMG_4231.jpegIMG_4233.jpegI ended up filing my front sight and tapping my back one to the right a little. The top dot was my last three shots, this was fun and hard at the same time. Practice makes perfect… lol

Back