Great news !

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just found out today that they are building a new LONG RANGE rifle range very close. They plan on having it open this spring or early summer.

It will have a 1,300yd range. Nice thing............ Its only just slightly more than an hour away!! :)

Being built near Johannesburg, MI.
I wonder if they are going to cater to the new crop of "tactical" shooters? Setting up gongs is a lot cheaper than constructing target pits. Keep us posted. X

I wonder if they are going to cater to the new crop of "tactical" shooters? Setting up gongs is a lot cheaper than constructing target pits. Keep us posted. X
IIRC the name will be....... Fox's Shooting Farm. They're hoping to be ready this spring. I need the practice at 1K. Bob is going to be hard to beat this next June ;)

It is great news. Worth the 3 hour drive for me. Near Jay's Sporting Goods too... a nice perk for them.I'll have to figure a way to make it worthwhile for the warden somehow.. I'll send her to Mackinac Island to get those green vegitarian fudge balls they seem to grow every year.

It is great news. Worth the 3 hour drive for me. Near Jay's Sporting Goods too... a nice perk for them.I'll have to figure a way to make it worthwhile for the warden somehow.. I'll send her to Mackinac Island to get those green vegitarian fudge balls they seem to grow every year.
Actually, one of the managers at Jay's is building the range along with someone else. He made the point that membership would be less than the MTC.
Good luck with the warden..............

Actually, one of the managers at Jay's is building the range along with someone else. He made the point that membership would be less than the MTC.
Good luck with the warden..............
Do you know if they'll stagger differing distance ranges leading up to 1300, similar to HGC?

Do you know if they'll stagger differing distance ranges leading up to 1300, similar to HGC?
Sorry but I don't know. I would assume it though.
I drove over to Jay's looking/hoping that they may have a Send iT. No luck there. They were pretty busy but I got to talking long range and that's when he told me about the new range. He showed me Google Earth and how its being laid out. To get 1,300yds the range will be running NE.
He also pointed out that part of the range will be shooting through a set of woods with about a 100yd opening. THAT will be fun. Primary NW wind, shoot 500yds in the open, then a couple hundred through the woods, then finish out in the open. LOL

Latest posts

Back