H4895

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Are you using QuickLoad or a similar program to calculate the pressure?

I got about 62.000 psi on your H4895 load using QuickLoad.
All my information is from one of the premier SML builders who loves shooting heavy bullets. It is not Jeff from Bestill Creations LLC. My builder, Jeff, actually referred me to the other builder, who shoots heavy bullets.
I have a very heavily built rifle.

How do you use ql to calculate it in a muzzle loader? I've got quickload and use it a lot of cartridge stuff.
Others here may have a better way, and if they do I wish they would tell me how they do it.

For a .45 caliber muzzleloader, I pick the 458 Win Mag case and the bullet and a possible powder charge.

I then keep adjusting the seating depth on the bullet until I get right at 100% fill on the powder column (or close to it like 99% or 101%), which is what we have in a muzzleloader when the bullet is put on top of the powder. (On some cartridges you must use a negative sign with the seating depth to make it work.)

Based on the numbers I have gotten with my chronograph in the past, the velocities are about right. That tells me this method works.

Others here may have a better way, and if they do I wish they would tell me how they do it.

For a .45 caliber muzzleloader, I pick the 458 Win Mag case and the bullet and a possible powder charge.

I then keep adjusting the seating depth on the bullet until I get right at 100% fill on the powder column (or close to it like 99% or 101%), which is what we have in a muzzleloader when the bullet is put on top of the powder. (On some cartridges you must use a negative sign with the seating depth to make it work.)

Based on the numbers I have gotten with my chronograph in the past, the velocities are about right. That tells me this method works.
That is how I'm doing it, more or less

That makes sense to me. Does it give you fits when it's a .451" bullet in a .458" bore?

Latest posts

Back